EU Great Britain South

paulb

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have had Orbx True Earth GB South , Central, and North since they were released. However I feel they were a total waste of money as the performance and vision I get in P3D v5.3 with the True Earth series is way worse than the original P3D default scenery or the normal GB Orbx scenery. Heathrow airport looks great but once in the air the surrounding areas are simply littered with trees, way too many and all with lime and dark green leaves no matter what season is selected. Also they are TALLER than the surrounding buildings, not real. I lived around Heathrow for 9 years so have a good idea of the scenery and it is mostly houses NOT trees. London city is far from exciting unless one flies down the River than all the buildings seem to be fairly accurate. I have tried every setting I can find but NOTHING improves the views. I do have Orbx New Zealand and the views in that and my home town look very very real, so what am I doing wrong ?

My PC is :- i9-11900k cpu, 64 gb ddr4 ram, Z590 intel m/board, Geforce RTX 3080Ti 12 gb video card. I have the fps locked at 30 and the system normally runs between 24-29 fps with about 17% - 20% of ram used.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, wain71 said:

I shouldn't laugh but it is kind of funny, the silence thing....it's like we (customer) don't matter anymore...

That's the distinct impression I get too. 

I've been buying Orbx stuff for more than 12 years now, and it's customers like us that helped make Orbx successful, so it's a shame they treat their customers this way.

6 hours ago, SGunard said:

That's the distinct impression I get too. 

I've been buying Orbx stuff for more than 12 years now, and it's customers like us that helped make Orbx successful, so it's a shame they treat their customers this way.

My guess is that they're not in a position to answer your questions re GB South. A lot of the work depends on the whims of developers, and the devs who worked on the other GB sceneries might have other projects they're working on. From a business point of view it's a Catch 22, they can't promise the scenery will be developed, but they can't rule it out either. So, a statement from Orbx that they can't tell whether they GB South will be developed but is still on the wish list would leave you in the same position you are now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Dow said:

and the devs who worked on the other GB sceneries might have other projects they're working on.

That is also an answer which can break the silence.
My thinking is also that the gap between Orbx and the customers has grown.
We used to be a community all together.

Not that I am waiting for news about GB. Just sharing my thoughts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

the gap between Orbx and the customers has grown

I agree.

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

So, a statement from Orbx that they can't tell whether they GB South will be developed but is still on the wish list would leave you in the same position you are now.

True, but at least it would feel as if they actually cared about customers and potential customers if they interacted with them. People are asking a very reasonable question regarding Orbx completing a series of products for a specific region. This isn't some wishlist for an airport in a region that Orbx has no history of releasing products for. Even if the response was 'no news, but we are listening', would have been better than just ignoring them. For months.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, riverreveal said:

I agree.

True, but at least it would feel as if they actually cared about customers and potential customers if they interacted with them. People are asking a very reasonable question regarding Orbx completing a series of products for a specific region. This isn't some wishlist for an airport in a region that Orbx has no history of releasing products for. Even if the response was 'no news, but we are listening', would have been better than just ignoring them. For months.

Exactly my point. They could just tell us it was on the backburner or shelved or whatever. I do feel rather suckered in to buying the first two parts of a set that they seem to have no intentions (apparently) of finishing. I've pretty much had it with Orbx and their attitude and buy 3rd party stuff direct these days. 

Hello,
it is not "on the back burner" or "shelved".
I have now been told that it is in a queue behind another project, which is being worked on now.
When that project is complete, work will start on the third part of the Great Britain series.

As this topic has now served its purpose, I will bring it to an end with this good news.
Thanks to all those who chose to contribute to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3