Avro Vulcan over the Himalayas

bernd1151

Great flight and scenery, Bernd. No big surprise you did not land in Lukla.

30 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

FSX Vulcan that I ported over to MSFS

That is good news...

30 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Most of the gauges work.

... and this is really good news. Gives me hope, that we can (at least) continue to use the more simple planes from FSX/P3D.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Great to see a Vulcan fly Bernd! :). Nice set and map - well done!

Thanks Paul, I like that Vulcan a lot. I have all three, the Vulcan, Victor and Valiant flying in MSFS :)

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight and scenery, Bernd. No big surprise you did not land in Lukla.

That is good news...

... and this is really good news. Gives me hope, that we can (at least) continue to use the more simple planes from FSX/P3D.

Many thanks, Gerold. It's bit of trial and error. Usually freeware planes convert better than payware ones, which seem to have some sort of code installed that prevents us from using them otherwise. Sometimes the gauges won't work, then I use the VC of a default MSFS plane. For example when I fly the huge An-124 or 225, I use a 747 VC, but with bluish colors to make it more authentic. So, there are quite a few ways around to make them work. And it's fun to do so. By now I think I have converted over 50 or 60 FSX/P3D planes. From a simple Bi-plane to the 747-200 :)

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Great flight and images Bernd! Love it! Such a good looking military aircraft in the sim, and it looks stunning against those mountains :) 

Thanks a lot, Landon. I'm happy that you like them. It was really fun to fly there in such a plane.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks Paul, I like that Vulcan a lot. I have all three, the Vulcan, Victor and Valiant flying in MSFS :)

That is brilliant Bernd. I knew they had a legacy flight model in MSFS. Perhaps the sim is more adaptable than I thought :).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots Bernd and I didn’t this this was possible.  I’d love to have my beloved L-39 ported as the one MS sells has very poor reviews and a modern cockpit.  

Thanks buddy. I remeber the L-39. I think I had her as freeware model. Someone had converted her from FS9 to FSX. But the VC was so so, that is why I haven't converted her yet to MSFS

16 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Splendid shots!

Great looking mountains

Cheers

Carlos

Many thanks, Carlos

14 hours ago, BradB said:

Bernd these shots are dialed in perfectly. :D:)

Haha, thanks a lot, John

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic topography in your flight and good to see the Vulcsn flying in 2020.

This is The Mach Loop on steroids.;)

Mach Loop on steroids...I love that. Thanks Martyn :)

8 hours ago, mikee said:

Super Vulcan Shots :) I like them all !!

Many thanks Mike

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you very much

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Gorgeous set of shots Bernd. :) 

I'm glad you like them, Adam

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks buddy. I remeber the L-39. I think I had her as freeware model. Someone had converted her from FS9 to FSX. But the VC was so so, that is why I haven't converted her yet to MSFS

Would you have the time to walk me through how to do it?  If not I’ll understand.

• Like 1

Great shots of the area Bernd, it's a good scenery there in MSFS. What do you mean "ported the aircraft over from FSX",

is there some FSX aircraft which works in MSFS? I never tried it, I think I have a Ghoose which is from FSX.

But I am not shure if it's ok.

• Like 1