MS UD 10 delayed

John Heaton

Announce today that the anticipated UD 10 will be delayed for another 2 weeks due to the high input from Beta users

I like the announced oldie  - 2nd Birthday aircraft  - available today as The venerable Bonanza B35 

A lot of memories here for me - so I looked up my logbook and noted - I was endorsed on the V Tail - April 24 1974

I might just buy it for old times sake - and if I get fed up with the Arrow PA 28R - ie until A2A bring in the beautiful Comanche

into MSFS

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I would rather they delay if they have issues to sort, make more sense...Bonanza sounds good...

Acidentally I have read in the MSFS forums yesterday that many beta testers have reported issues. I think that's what John meant.

• Like 2

I saw that last night on the V-Tail , hopefully some reviews will be out shortly . 
I have been using the beta thru Steam and have had no issues at all , I have 

totally switched over to DX12 . 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BradB said:

I saw that last night on the V-Tail , hopefully some reviews will be out shortly . 
I have been using the beta thru Steam and have had no issues at all , I have 

totally switched over to DX12 . 

Good for you John :)

"have had no issues at all"

And that unfortunately is the crux of the problem.  Some don't and are very happy with the beta,

others have had significant issues.  Overall I am very pleased with the beta but am disappointed with ...

1) DLSS is a bit of a letdown.  I know what it is capable of from other interests and at the moment it is a poor implementation and not

representative of what it can be.

2) DX12 has a memory optimization issue that is very noticeable at times for a user with a 8 GB Vram card. For those with 10-12++ GB

vram it seems to not be an issue.

1) And the purpose of the beta - look for things that don't work properly and/or are not properly optimized.

Document and report them to the developer.

2) Listen carefully to the people participating in the beta and respond accordingly by fixing what is wrong and retest, 

even though it may delay the final release of the updated version of the program.

It is gratifying  that Microsoft is responding to this beta in the fashion that they are.

For me, forget all the technical details of the beta for the moment .  That is the real winner for all users

of MS2020 :)

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As it stands, it takes a minimum of eight mouse clicks to go from full screen mode to windowed mode or the other way around, so I am very much looking forward to the sim evolving to at least cut that number in half lol. :) But very much looking forward to the update.