Orbx for xplane 12

lewbob

I watched some of it but it doesn't seem to answer the key question; will Orbx scenery in xplane 11, that I and many of us have purchased, be compatable with xplane 12? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wish Orbx could just give a simple answer; yes or no. 

• Like 1

Hi

Maybe ask the developer of Xplane 12? Surely they would know if their simulator will be compatible with previous addon products?

Orbx may not be aware of all the changes they are making, therefore not able to give a simple yes or no.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, lewbob said:

I watched some of it but it doesn't seem to answer the key question; will Orbx scenery in xplane 11, that I and many of us have purchased, be compatable with xplane 12? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wish Orbx could just give a simple answer; yes or no. 

There were  parts of that question answered in the interview. Austin stated that he always wants any new version of XP to be at least one back version compatible. 

There was also discussion about the new water feature and how Orbx are trying to resolve the new aspects of water. Trees are also different in XP12 i believe.

No one can give a statement that Orbx addons will be compatible with XP12 until it is released.

What is clear is that Orbx are working with Laminar on XP12.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

we all will just have to wait and see, when it comes out, quite soon I believe in will be in public BETA anyway, and that could last a while so there will be issues and anyone not happy to be testing should probably avoid or at least keep XP11 going to have flights that are lees vulnerable to crashes...

• Like 1