Round Cape Horn

bernd1151

52 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow wow wow!  First, that paint is wicked looking, I mean it looks great!  And this is from what, the South American mesh?  If so then it'll have to be bought this weekend!

Many thanks, buddy. The paint is actually dark blue and looks quite elegant. But in this kind of weather it does look a bit wicked :) And yes, that's the Orbx South America mesh, well worth the money, me thinks.

13 minutes ago, paulb said:

A first class set of shots Bernd. Well done sir! :)

Thank you very much, Paul

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

Marvelous shots Bernd . :):)

I'm happy you like them, John

• Like 4

Awesome images Bernd! You nailed it with these. That aircraft and livery plus your low flying makes me think you are up to something secret ;) Special Ops? Black Market supplier? Gun running? Oh, the options :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Awesome images Bernd! You nailed it with these. That aircraft and livery plus your low flying makes me think you are up to something secret ;) Special Ops? Black Market supplier? Gun running? Oh, the options :D

Remember, Landon, we are in South America, so anything is possible :D

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Remember, Landon, we are in South America, so anything is possible :D

I rest my case :D If you end up in some back country jail cell in Bolivia, for a small fee, I might be enticed to come break you out ;) :D 

P.S. I accept beer as a form of payment, or coffee as well. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I rest my case :D If you end up in some back country jail cell in Bolivia, for a small fee, I might be enticed to come break you out ;) :D 

P.S. I accept beer as a form of payment, or coffee as well. :)

I remember your first avatar picture, so I trust you can get me out of harms way in a heartbeat :D:D

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

One of the best posts I have seen in ages.

Outstanding scenery and water topped off by the sinister looking Beechcraft!:)

Thank you so much, Martyn

• Like 2

Great set Bernd. I've tried to adjust such a wild sea in MSFS, you need so much wind that you can hardly fly...:)

To be honest I don't like that King Air, if I compare it with some others in the sims...oh oh. 

I assume it's the default from MSFS. 

Edited by andiflyit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Great set Bernd. I've tried to adjust such a wild sea in MSFS, you need so much wind that you can hardly fly...:)

To be honest I don't like that King Air, if I compare it with some others in the sims...oh oh. 

I assume it's the default from MSFS. 

Many thanks, Andreas. I agree, smaller planes have difficulties with this kind of wind, but the King Air could handle it. Yes, it's the default one and for me, she flies ok. There are a couple of mods available for her on the .to site.

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

great set Bernd, though I don't want to be that low with the water looking a bit rough, were you avoiding the radar?

Thanks a lot, Wayne. I flew that low to have a closer look at the Cape Horn rock formation. Of course I wouldn't do that in the ral world :)

• Like 1