Installation error on Orbx Central

perohijo

Hello guys.

I moved a library from one drive to another following the guidelines of the forums. I restarted Orbx central and it now shows the size as I was expecting, so since I couldn't find how to move just the files to this other drive from a different one, I uninstalled one airport (BIKF) and then I tried to reinstall it on my new drive, but it gave me an error.

I actually tried to reinstall it on the same drive I uninstall it from, but it gave me the same error.

David Pineda

ERROR.png

9 minutes ago, perohijo said:

Hello guys.

I moved a library from one drive to another following the guidelines of the forums. I restarted Orbx central and it now shows the size as I was expecting, so since I couldn't find how to move just the files to this other drive from a different one, I uninstalled one airport (BIKF) and then I tried to reinstall it on my new drive, but it gave me an error.

I actually tried to reinstall it on the same drive I uninstall it from, but it gave me the same error.

David Pineda

ERROR.png

I forgot to mention that I have plenty of space on my drives. I just want to make sure I maintain a balance. I bought a new 4TB drive and created a new Orbx library, but still gives the same error, as well as when I tried to installed it back on the drive I removed it from.

Hello,

the disk free space check includes the C drive, where the temporary files are placed by default.

You can however change the temporary files location on the Orbx Central Downloader page and even disable the disk free space check altogether.

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the disk free space check includes the C drive, where the temporary files are placed by default.

You can however change the temporary files location on the Orbx Central Downloader page and even disable the disk free space check altogether.

Thanks Nick. How do I disable the disk free check? I assume on the app itself?

Ok.

I did not change the temp location but I disabled the free space check. I downloaded the file again but it gave me a different error this time. I emptied the temp location, although it was empty already and also moved the backup folder to the desktop temporarily but it didn't work. 

Installation error.png

Problem solved. I didn't realized that the temp folder was on the drive I removed and it was still showing it.

Thanks for the help Nick. I still would like to know how to transfer the actual files to my new drive instead of redownload. I already moved one library to my new drive, but I want to move the files from a library on different drive to my  the library on my new drive.

I have seen that error need to verify the files and I have tons of disk apace.  I just click verify and everything works ok.   As for saving the Orbx downloaded files, if P3D I copy the entire Orbx folder to a backup.   Then if I ever need to reinstall, I just copy them back where Orbx will install them, and only the files that need to be updated are downloaded.   Works very well.  I do the same thing when using libraries.