Going on holiday

paulb

Well departing anyway :).

Flying from Edinburgh Airport in Scotland. The airport is situated about six miles west of the city centre.

The airport has a long history dating back to WWI. When the Second World War broke out, RAF Fighter Command took control over the airfield and a runway of 3,900 ft (1,189 m) was paved. When the war ended the airfield remained under military control, but by the late 1940s the first commercial services were launched. In 1947, British European Airways started a service between Edinburgh and London using Vickers Vikings. Currently it is the sixth busiest airport in the UK.

Orbx EGPH Edinburgh International Airport in MSFS

edinbA.thumb.jpg.4e1a5b2e2ae5e2f46eadde563a2837b0.jpg

edinbB.thumb.jpg.90b9b079a35237cd0034e92814946e76.jpg

edinbC.thumb.jpg.450b9dbb77a3088fe56ae8172abce1c5.jpg

edinbD.thumb.jpg.7d4e893d4f96d3755ed91e80c88b1f8a.jpg

edinbE.thumb.jpg.5341d2d5e9a856950bd0bd9e352648dc.jpg

edinbF.thumb.jpg.eb385e76740ab5c6753f4d11267eabe6.jpg

edinbG.thumb.jpg.d8258237abdd32cd125ad9e8641639bb.jpg

edinbH.thumb.jpg.3721979349a04dd8ae9a976451947866.jpg

• Like 9

Nice shots and aircraft Paul! :) On #4 and 5 you can see exactly the big problem of the sim. There is a strong sunlight 

in the sky and on the ground it's dark so that you will not see the scenery very well. Yesterday I tried to improve that 

for an hour or so by adjusting the densitity of the clouds and so on. It didn't work and I've now decided to stop using the sim 

until they fixed it. At this point P3d and Xplane are much better. 

Besides that the day before I had a fundamental crash of the entire sim, the opening screen where one can choose the aircraft and airport and so 

didn't work anymore. During startup it told me to boot in safemode because the shutdown before was not ok.

But it didn't load completely. I took out the community folder, didn't do anything. I repaired the app in the control panel, 

didn't do anything. At the end to make it safe I loaded an image of the entire drive where the 170 gb content folders are on and it worked again.

So something happened in the folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore" where all the Asobo and Microsoft files are stored.  

That's enough for me for now.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shots and aircraft Paul! :) On #4 and 5 you can see exactly the big problem of the sim. There is a strong sunlight 

in the sky and on the ground it's dark so that you will not see the scenery very well. Yesterday I tried to improve that 

for an hour or so by adjusting the densitity of the clouds and so on. It didn't work and I've now decided to stop using the sim 

Besides that the day before I had a fundamental crash of the entire sim, the opening screen where one can choose the aircraft and airport and so 

didn't work anymore. During startup it told me to boot in safemode because the shutdown before was not ok.

But it didn't load completely. I took out the community folder, didn't do anything. I repaired the app in the control panel, 

didn't do anything. At the end to make it safe I loaded an image of the entire drive where the 170 gb content folders are on and it worked again.

So something happened in the folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore" where all the Asobo and Microsoft files are stored.  

Sorry to hear Andreas.  It must be something like that because mine is mostly a vanilla install and it works.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sorry to hear Andreas.  It must be something like that because mine is mostly a vanilla install and it works.  

Mine worked since December 2020 or so, don't know what happened. I played around with Nvidia Experience filters before because 

of the sunlight. I've now uninstalled it. It permanently runs half a duzend apps in the background and is always active. Don't like it. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Thanks Andreas :).

In shots 4 and 5 I think we are simply seeing the MSFS interpretation of cloud ground shadow. I don't find it too much of an issue so long as the sky isn't totally overcast.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I have been fearing one (after looking at the 'history' of the sim) but all is OK so far.

Anyway, both P3D and XP are great sims so enjoy those again for now ;).

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Mine worked since December 2020 or so, don't know what happened. I played around with Nvidia Experience filters before because 

of the sunlight. I've now uninstalled it. It permanently runs half a duzend apps in the background and is always active. Don't like it. 

I have avoided Nvidea Experience for that very reason. It might be fine, but i don't want to add to the risk of a crash.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of a Welshman departing from Scotland. Now I wonder where you´ll be on holiday...

Thanks Gerold :).  I couldn't get a direct flight from Cardiff so.............;)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Up up and away! Paul is off on a virtual vacation :) I think all these images look very good and the EasyJet livery is a nice contrast to the scenery. 

Thank you Landon :). If I get time then I might arrive somewhere! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wain71 said:

or is it the White Isle?....the Island of love? know as Ibiza....I have always been impressed how they got the code to be LEIB which makes me think of Liebe...:D

In the right direction, but a bit further away.........................;)

• Like 1