Four from Sicily

paulb

Just four shots from Palermo Airport in Sicily (Italy).   Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.

The airport is also known as Falcone Borsellino Airport. It was given the name Falcone Borsellino in memory of the two leading anti-mafia judges Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino who were murdered by the Sicilian Mafia in 1992.

1.thumb.jpg.4d7aff72070e80d29fc8e7b11ed62007.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.10dec3d3153ef0abca198c0cc1fa9125.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.ac834c8dd79e07d1de4eab41818c84e1.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.dce11988925045fbe0f44f35ef6f5d98.jpg

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

I have flown into that airport, it a very nice looking airport with that mountain setting next to it.

Thank was one of the reasons for my purchase - sea and mountains.

• Like 2

Nice set of images Paul. I have overlooked this scenery release from Orbx, but based on your shots I need to add it to my list ;) Great variety of angles and altitudes of this beautiful location. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice set of images Paul. I have overlooked this scenery release from Orbx, but based on your shots I need to add it to my list ;) Great variety of angles and altitudes of this beautiful location. 

Thanks Landon. Anywhere on the Med coast or islands is usually a nice place to be ;):) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful scenery in these images Paul.

A very picturesque setting for the airport with the Med on one sise and the cliffs on the other.:)

Many thanks Martyn. Most of the islands in the Med are worth visiting :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, adambar said:

Indeed the Med is a beautiful place, I was at almost every country and island when I was in the Navy. 

Well done Paul! :)

Similar here Adam - but I have taken my wife on Med cruises(so not quite the Navy ;)).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots Paul.  Unfortunately I had first hand knowledge of these guys in Boston.  Ugh.

Thank you Jack :). I guess all nationalities have a mixture of good and not so good people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1