Fly Tampas Corfu !

mikee

Orbx Central seems ot have a backlog right now. I have been waiting for Digital Design Lyon as well. This is a pity not only for the customers but also for Orbx missing the important initial peak of sales.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

I don't wait for stuff to appear via Orbx these days. I'll buy direct if possible, or more often than not SImMarket. I'm afraid I don't feel any loyalty to Orbx these days and I don't feel like Central is a big enough convenience to make me want to use a "one stop shop" approach. I can keep track of things ok.

• Like 2

I'm confident Lyon will come but I don't think corfu will unfortunately. I think the same developer who has been holding off selling Copenhagen and Vegas through Orbx is behind the new corfu so unlikely like those sceneys it wont be on there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, mikee said:

This is Fly Tampas reply !

'' I don't think it is coming to Orbx ''

So i will go ahead and buy it from their site !!

It's a shame, I really don't get the thinking in one FT developer wanting to sell through Orbx and the other doesn't...surely as a developer you'd want to sell in as many locations as possible, or you'll miss out on potentially sales - hopefully the hold out dev changes his mind and brings his portfolio to Orbx

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 11:53 AM, EasternT3 said:

It's a shame, I really don't get the thinking in one FT developer wanting to sell through Orbx and the other doesn't...surely as a developer you'd want to sell in as many locations as possible, or you'll miss out on potentially sales - hopefully the hold out dev changes his mind and brings his portfolio to Orbx

This one is rather simple, isn't it. FT has its own sales infrastructure. Orbx taking away a big chunk of the sales price, why would you want to sell all your stuff at Orbx and decrease your income? While offering FT scenery at Orbx might increase the product's visibility and generate additional sales, other people will also buy there just for convenience, even though they already know FT products and where else to get them, thus severely decreasing FT's income. 

OBRX Central, while convenient, is not the centre of the universe. People saying "oh I will only buy things if they are on Orbx Central!", I find that rather silly, and lazy. If you like the product or the developer, then support that developers business decision and buy at their own store, how hard could it be.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

Orbx taking away a big chunk of the sales price, why would you want to sell all your stuff at Orbx and decrease your income?

Hello,

I had no idea that you possess such detailed insider knowledge.

Can you then share with us the exact size of the "big chunk of the sales price" Orbx exacts from its partner developers?

I ask because I don't know the answer, beyond the expectation that an online retailer is unlikely to offer their services free of charge.

That would indeed be a poor business model.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

This one is rather simple, isn't it. FT has its own sales infrastructure. Orbx taking away a big chunk of the sales price, why would you want to sell all your stuff at Orbx and decrease your income? While offering FT scenery at Orbx might increase the product's visibility and generate additional sales, other people will also buy there just for convenience, even though they already know FT products and where else to get them, thus severely decreasing FT's income. 

OBRX Central, while convenient, is not the centre of the universe. People saying "oh I will only buy things if they are on Orbx Central!", I find that rather silly, and lazy. If you like the product or the developer, then support that developers business decision and buy at their own store, how hard could it be.

2 things

1) FlyTampa sell on simmarket - do simmarket not take a chunk? Also flytampa sell on the marketplace - of which Microsoft take 35%

2) FlyTampa does sell on Orbx...one developer does, one doesn't. I was just stating how it's strange 2 developers under the same name have chosen different avenues.

17 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

thus severely decreasing FT's income. 

Interestingly, Mathjis Kok at Aerosoft was talking about direct sales from aerosoft vs the marketplace, and he said that profit from each avenue is actually similar, so this point you make is incorrect.

Oh and I never said that i would never pick Corfu up, I probably will, but I won't rush to get like I would at Orbx.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 2:47 PM, EasternT3 said:

Interestingly, Mathjis Kok at Aerosoft was talking about direct sales from aerosoft vs the marketplace, and he said that profit from each avenue is actually similar, so this point you make is incorrect.

Uhm we all know that Mathijs loves to talk about a lot of things ;) Aerosoft being a distribution partner for MSFS obviously is not the same as a small developer like FT when it comes to sales conditions. Or are you seriously suggesting that FT's income would be the same whether they'd sell in their OWN store vs. one that makes money from selling other products?! 

Yes I have knowledge about certain terms and conditions but that doesn't matter, since whatever knowledge I have is not meant for the public to hear. If Microsoft takes 35%, then you can kind of extrapolate how much Orbx would be taking, and no it's not 5%, otherwise every developer would obviously sell here immediately.

Amazing how one gets grilled here trying to defend a small developer's decision to not sell all their stuff in foreign market places if they have their own store.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with what Orbx is doing, I'm buying from their store too, obviously! 

I just hate seeing people trying to force developers to sell through Orbx by shouting "I only buy your stuff if you sell at Orbx" all over social media. If some devs don't want to sell at Orbx, or the Marketplace, they usually have very good reasons for not doing so. If you guys want to punish those developers by ignoring them, sure, go ahead and miss a lot of fantastic stuff.

51 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

Or are you seriously suggesting that FT's income would be the same whether they'd sell in their OWN store vs. one that makes money from selling other products?! 

It won't be vastly different, the cut Orbx or MS takes is to cover marketing, handling fees and everything else related to it, FlyTampa have to cover the same through their own e-commerce site, so yes FlyTampa may make a bit more margin selling through their own site, but it won't be a massively higher margin. Bearing in mind we are talking about £15 products, so margins are incredibly small no matter where you sell. 

f Microsoft takes 35%, then you can kind of extrapolate how much Orbx would be taking, and no it's not 5%, otherwise every developer would obviously sell here immediately.

No-one said that, Orbx probably take a similar amount, probably on par with MS and Simmarket etc.

Amazing how one gets grilled here trying to defend a small developer's decision to not sell all their stuff in foreign market places if they have their own store.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with what Orbx is doing, I'm buying from their store too, obviously! 

I just hate seeing people trying to force developers to sell through Orbx by shouting "I only buy your stuff if you sell at Orbx" all over social media. If some devs don't want to sell at Orbx, or the Marketplace, they usually have very good reasons for not doing so.

I don't know if it's a language thing, but you brought this 'grilling' onto yourself, this post was purely an is X product coming to Orbx, no-one is forcing anyone (hell flytampa probably aren't even on this forum to see). 

My involvement was a comment of the strangeness of the situation, because FlyTampa is 2 (maybe 3) developers under the same name, but 1 developer has chosen one route (selling through Orbx) the other hasn't followed the same route, now yes there's probably reasons but it's very strange. Also it's not like this developer only sells at their own store, they sell at simmarket and the marketplace.

If you guys want to punish those developers by ignoring them, sure, go ahead and miss a lot of fantastic stuff.

No-one said that, personally the ease of central is why I buy here. I personally don't like FlyTampa's e-commerce system, it's very 2010/FSX times of an installer/serial code compared to nowadays of Central/Contrail/every other manager, but I will get Corfu (just like I did Copenhagen and Vegas) through their website, I just won't rush and will probably wait for Amsterdam before purchasing Corfu as it will probably be the next release from FT not on Orbx.

@Nick Cooper, is it worth closing the thread, it's original purpose has been served and has been taken down an unneeded path by someone when it didn't need it.

Edited by EasternT3
  • Thanks 1