Long boring trip

Totally agree mate, although a well staged road trip beats traveling in the sardine cans that pass for airliners these days and the physically challenging process of chaos that passes for aviation terminal attendance and negotiation.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I know exactly what you mean Don. Back in February my wife and I drove from San Diego, CA, to Orlando, FL. A really boring 3956 km. And we did it in four days. And we'll never do anything like that again. It took us three months to recover. One thing we did learn though. The scenery in West Texas isn't nearly as bad as people had described it to us. It's much worse. My family moved from Missouri to what is now Tarrant County in Texas back in 1858. And now I know why they never moved any further west :).

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Hopefully some sim time can help take your mind off for a bit Don. :) 

Landon

Thanks Landon. I'm still in the middle of re-installing all my stuff from that "unfortunate" accident - I have forgiven Tim:). So plenty to get my mind back onto more pleasant and important things.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

Totally agree mate, although a well staged road trip beats traveling in the sardine cans that pass for airliners these days and the physically challenging process of chaos that passes for aviation terminal attendance and negotiation.

Yep, being a local, you'll know the situation her in Oz with the airlines. My daughter  had a "friend" who knew a "friend " at Qantas, but only one ticket, and business class, Couldn't afford $2000 or there about, oh and one way, it would have been a long walk home, and with the wife complaining the whole time:rolleyes::blink: holy crap 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I know exactly what you mean Don. Back in February my wife and I drove from San Diego, CA, to Orlando, FL. A really boring 3956 km. And we did it in four days. And we'll never do anything like that again. It took us three months to recover. One thing we did learn though. The scenery in West Texas isn't nearly as bad as people had described it to us. It's much worse. My family moved from Missouri to what is now Tarrant County in Texas back in 1858. And now I know why they never moved any further west :).

Yep W2DR, not a lot to see from Brisbane and Melbourne either. I think I have a few more days yet, to get back on my feet. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yep, being a local, you'll know the situation her in Oz with the airlines. My daughter  had a "friend" who knew a "friend " at Qantas, but only one ticket, and business class, Couldn't afford $2000 or there about, oh and one way, it would have been a long walk home, and with the wife complaining the whole time:rolleyes::blink: holy crap 

Get the Leprachaun to give up some of his bonus or threaten to egg his roof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, chumley said:

Get the Leprachaun to give up some of his bonus or threaten to egg his roof.

Haha. Apparently someone took to it (his house) with toilet paper the other day, so you’re not the only one thinking along those lines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is a long trip to take and with fuel the price it is it wouldn't have been cheap.:(

On top of that who from north of the Murray wants to come to Danistan.:lol:

I hope you get ovet it quickly Don and as mentioned before getting on your sim should aid your recovery.;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Don, well done but basically the only way to do Brisbane Melbourne is to break the journey into four pieces, did you do something similar?

Bris to Coffs

Coffs to Sydney

Sydney to Albury

Albury to Melb

This gives you a chance to recover, enjoy a nice meal and a long sleep.

Cheers

Ken

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My Daughter lives in Melbourne and I break it into minimum 5 stages down the inland (choice of 2 routes) less traffic, cooler and some great scenery, lots of great country pubs and clubs (rissoles, bowlos and golf) :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is a long trip to take and with fuel the price it is it wouldn't have been cheap.:(

On top of that who from north of the Murray wants to come to Danistan.:lol:

I hope you get ovet it quickly Don and as mentioned before getting on your sim should aid your recovery.;)

Thanks Martyn, and not only the fuel, but also the motel etc, it wasn't a cheap trip. Could have bought another compute with that -almost.:D   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TerribleT said:

My Daughter lives in Melbourne and I break it into minimum 5 stages down the inland (choice of 2 routes) less traffic, cooler and some great scenery, lots of great country pubs and clubs (rissoles, bowlos and golf) :D

Unfortunately TT we had a time problem, so couldn't stop for pub goodies, did that last time, that was a pleasure trip, and on the way home that's  just where I wanted to be. We also had our grandaughter looking after our dogs, which didn't go wells, so I was glad we did an express trip.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Don, well done but basically the only way to do Brisbane Melbourne is to break the journey into four pieces, did you do something similar?

Bris to Coffs

Coffs to Sydney

Sydney to Albury

Albury to Melb

This gives you a chance to recover, enjoy a nice meal and a long sleep.

Cheers

Ken

Good idea Ken, but unfortunately they can only keep them on ice for short periods.:huh: We had to  rush.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1