Aerofly Fs4

Mawson

On 7/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, wain71 said:

I never hear anything of this one now, it had potential when I used to use it but had so much missing, how far done is it now?

15 hours ago, JimmiG said:

Surprisingly little has changed, but apparently enough to make all AFS2 DLC incompatible.

Its user base is small and the sim is boutique and it has a very good physics model for helicopters. Like X Pane 11 it is actually certified to use in commercial sims and it is EASA approved so it can be logged as flight hours  ( subject to approved hardware of course). 

The current upgrade is probably more of an incremental step but its good they are keeping the development going but its more of a sim as opposed to a game like MSFS, there is a big difference.

I am not too concerned about having the whole world in a sim, I will just make my own local scenery when the sdk is out like I did for Fs2.

I was happy with the few Orbx provided too and I built some around them.

The best part is the frame rate and VR as it simply blows everything else out of the water, its amazing though it will be interesting what X Plane 12 is like . 

Don't expect to be a game like MSFS but it has it's niche in the world and the developers have kept it up to date and in that respect its graphics API is still ahead of MSFS. 

I might add that I think there will be tears and pain when Asobo push DX 12 through as I think that will break just about every addon to some extent!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Didn't know about this until a couple of weeks before it came out. Got all excited. Bought it straight away and downloaded it with all the available DLC. Removed it and got a refund after about 20 minutes of use.

Personally, can't see any benefit, or even any difference, over FS2. Some have said it's better with VR but for me a pointless exercise. More than happy to keep on occasionally using FS2, but not impressed with FS4.

At least Steam are instant and unquestioning about refunds, as long as you haven't used the software for more than a couple of hours.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mawson said:

Its user base is small and the sim is boutique and it has a very good physics model for helicopters. Like X Pane 11 it is actually certified to use in commercial sims and it is EASA approved so it can be logged as flight hours  ( subject to approved hardware of course). 

The current upgrade is probably more of an incremental step but its good they are keeping the development going but its more of a sim as opposed to a game like MSFS, there is a big difference.

I am not too concerned about having the whole world in a sim, I will just make my own local scenery when the sdk is out like I did for Fs2.

I was happy with the few Orbx provided too and I built some around them.

The best part is the frame rate and VR as it simply blows everything else out of the water, its amazing though it will be interesting what X Plane 12 is like . 

Don't expect to be a game like MSFS but it has it's niche in the world and the developers have kept it up to date and in that respect its graphics API is still ahead of MSFS. 

I might add that I think there will be tears and pain when Asobo push DX 12 through as I think that will break just about every addon to some extent!

So MSFS with live weather, ai traffic, complex airliners and GA planes , the whole world modeled,  Vatsim, IVAO, and Pilot Edge online traffic compattible is a game and AF2 or 4 has none of that but has  good frames in VR its a sim, ok i've heard it all know. Ok, this post can't be taken seriously.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We can speculate and argue, but I think the OP posed a serious question deserving a serious answer from Orbx - may it be "Yes" or "No".

Kind regards, Michael

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, pmb said:

We can speculate and argue, but I think the OP posed a serious question deserving a serious answer from Orbx - may it be "Yes" or "No".

Kind regards, Michael

Thankyou this is correct. 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, jbdbow1970 said:

So MSFS with live weather, ai traffic, complex airliners and GA planes , the whole world modeled,  Vatsim, IVAO, and Pilot Edge online traffic compattible is a game and AF2 or 4 has none of that but has  good frames in VR its a sim, ok i've heard it all know. Ok, this post can't be taken seriously.

I still use MSFS but in terms of helicopter physics and gliders its a long way behind. You can enjoy both for different reasons and yes I still consider MSFS more of a game and I enjoy using it all the same but  it relies on eye candy exactly how you described it,  but if your stripped it to the bare physics it would not hold a candle to Fs4.  if you think MSFS is the only sim worth having then you are a gamer not a simmer and your post here can not be taken seriously so,  touché!

Edited by Mawson
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1