Back to the future

Stillwater

Back into future travels this means. Hopefully this is going to be a soon-to-become real trip: With a late evening start out of Hanover...

f337xZY.thumb.jpg.d333e2207f2434f6f9697f647a917f8c.jpg

... heading south over Germany...

iaqUHHZ.thumb.jpg.44d9e39905eaba01169b528d0635c182.jpg

... towards Zurich.

wQddFqQ.thumb.jpg.a51f7aa8d405a7f95862d04715e6788c.jpg

The outside view shows Lake Zurich better.

77F4rZc.thumb.jpg.bbb9006f9f500aebdcf0e2eafb737d1d.jpg

As this one shows Zurich airport, with its terminals B, A and E (from right to left).

EHSNQZy.thumb.jpg.d5ede370906f5d6e114c2532c90bf9a6.jpg

And here, the expected service:

7U5VqdN.thumb.jpg.f1bc36a8360d36253dfbb74dfd84136e.jpg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Caluma65 said:

Nice journey and shots.  Cheers,

Calum

Thank you Calum. In general, night flight shots are not really interesting (as you don´t see much), here the flight was short enough.

11 hours ago, BradB said:

Top shots Marty .......I mean Gerold . B):D

You get me an idea, John. I should have named this post "Marty McFly"...

All the best to you!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A fine set of images from your shortish hop Gerold.:)

As much as I want to travel again, I have been grounded for obvious reasons.:angry:

Thank you Marty, err, Martyn. As mentioned just above, the advantage of this short night flight is that one can see a bit from the ground.

And grounded we all were. For surprisingly long. Now the idea of travelling comes back, slowly. We´ll see what we can do...

PS: Now that Qantas offers direct flights to Australia from London and Rome, still the connection Hanover-Shepparton is missing.

image.thumb.png.9b6a92c946cc5d5b6cd291ca2fd7213e.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots....

Thank you Wayne!

11 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nice night shots. I find those the difficult the most to capture.   

Indeed, Johny. Generally you don´t see much on these night shots, and that would be absolutely useless to post here. Full moon and a dense population helped a bit on this flight...

Night though they may have been Gerold, they are still some cool looking sim images. There is much to be said for the glow of the modern airliner dash lights in the dark cockpit. And, nice route map I might add ;) 

P.S. Why are you all still grounded? During my recent trip to NYC, there were travelers in my hotel from all over the world. Not to mention, this past winter I very often was sitting on the chairlift when skiing next to some folks from South America, from Africa, from Europe and Asia as well. I sure hope you all can travel again soon, as the world is out there and moving along :) 

Landon

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:12 AM, adambar said:

Fine set of shots Gerold ! :) 

Thank you Adam!

19 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Night though they may have been Gerold, they are still some cool looking sim images. There is much to be said for the glow of the modern airliner dash lights in the dark cockpit. And, nice route map I might add ;) 

Thank you Landon, I tried my best with this post...

19 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

P.S. Why are you all still grounded? During my recent trip to NYC, there were travelers in my hotel from all over the world. Not to mention, this past winter I very often was sitting on the chairlift when skiing next to some folks from South America, from Africa, from Europe and Asia as well. I sure hope you all can travel again soon, as the world is out there and moving along :) 

Landon

Grounded I was... this year I have already been to Austria, Greece, Spain, Belgium and France. Exciting to travel again... let´s see how this goes on.

• Like 1