Head Tracker

Condor

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a head tracker possibly the Trackir 5. I have also heard of a new tracker by the name of AimxyZ and have noticed some good reviews.

Do any of you folks have either of these trackers and if so, I would appreciate some kind of feedback. Thanks

Paul

29 minutes ago, Condor said:

I'm interested in purchasing a head tracker possibly the Trackir 5. I have also heard of a new tracker by the name of AimxyZ and have noticed some good reviews.

TrackIR is the original and best, if you can find one. Don't bother with the track clip pro option. Whatever you buy make sure it support 6DOF.

Edited by MarkH

I use the track clip pro, and I think it has proven to be worth it. Because it uses LEDs, it's better if there is natural light in the room that used to confuse my older version. 

And wearing headphones to clip it on to actually feels good, they're not aviation ones but the pretence is there. 

Another option is TrackHat. It is very similar tech to TrackIR, can use the free TrackIR software but is much more durable and also you can get a wireless version that has a built in rechargeable battery. I have had my TrackHat attached to both a headset and also just using the elastic strap from a headlamp. In both cases, I used a small piece of industrial strength velcro to attach it. Been using it like that for years now, and no problems at all. Here is the TrackHat website: 

https://www.trackhat.org/