Jump to content

preview EGAA Belfast/Aldergrove International Airport Previews


Recommended Posts

Hi

Yes it's a great airport. Love the moving figures! Works well with the docking system. Performance could be better but there is a lot of detail..

 

But but but!

 

I am sorry but this is a problem with other addon airports as well. You are handed off to ground on arrival but then no offer to taxi to a gate. Don't know what you have missed out but it is very irritating!!

 

Richard

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Richard1000 said:

Hi

Yes it's a great airport. Love the moving figures! Works well with the docking system. Performance could be better but there is a lot of detail..

 

But but but!

 

I am sorry but this is a problem with other addon airports as well. You are handed off to ground on arrival but then no offer to taxi to a gate. Don't know what you have missed out but it is very irritating!!

 

Richard

Yes, I noticed the same using the A320neo. Maybe parking spots are too small?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Er!k said:

Yes, I noticed the same using the A320neo. Maybe parking spots are too small?

 

16 hours ago, Richard1000 said:

Hi

Yes it's a great airport. Love the moving figures! Works well with the docking system. Performance could be better but there is a lot of detail..

 

But but but!

 

I am sorry but this is a problem with other addon airports as well. You are handed off to ground on arrival but then no offer to taxi to a gate. Don't know what you have missed out but it is very irritating!!

 

Richard

It's set to R20 which means D40 (Wingspan 40m), even larger than the lines allow it to be. It's type is set to RAMP_GA because if it's GATE_MEDIUM it requires a jetway which is obviously not available anywhere except Gate 22. I will report this to ASOBO.

egaa_ramp.png

stand.png

Edited by pyreegue
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure I understand your comments! Ground should offer taxi to gate or taxi to parking!

 

As an example  I had a version of koh samui with the same issue so chanced it and both the obyx version recently. Whatever they have done has cured the problem and now parking etc is offered. 

 

I don't design scenery but it has got to be something at your end!

 

Richard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Richard1000 said:

Not sure I understand your comments! Ground should offer taxi to gate or taxi to parking!

 

As an example  I had a version of koh samui with the same issue so chanced it and both the obyx version recently. Whatever they have done has cured the problem and now parking etc is offered. 

 

I don't design scenery but it has got to be something at your end!

 

Richard

Nvm I figured it out. Fix on the way.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@pyreegue
I finally had the opportunity to get my first look at Belfast and wow, really amazed by it! I remember how I really enjoyed the first airport I got that was made by you, Boryspil, as it was just how I remembered it IRL. Then later when Lviv was released I remember thinking "Wow, this is as good as it gets...only thing I'm missing is some people, who would give it a bit more life". When you added people to Edinburgh I thought this is it, can't get better than this...

 

..and with Belfast, you've outperformed yourself again! An absolute masterpiece! Everything is done with such a quality and passion, but what I love most is the attention to details. "Small things" such as the windows, how the glass feels so real because it's not perfect, as it's weathered, or the lights in the fridges with drinks in the lounge or the cafes..or the moving fans in the AC units, the people actually looking like they are working in the tower and so on!

With the people in and around the terminal moving, it really adds another dimension of immersion. When I pulled up in front of the terminal and saw people sit and chat in the café it was just awesome!

Performance wise it was great for me on my rather dated computer, I've always thought parallax is a great technique to use in buildings/places where it's not the main focus. Makes such a difference in the static airplanes to use it in the cabin, instead of just black textures. 

Everything is so well done, so it's hard to find any flaws, even in areas further away there is so much to explore and the quality is just as good. I know I will discover more things every time I fly to or from Belfast :D The only thing I could think of (and now we are on a very very detailed level) would be the buses. I felt they were not as good as the other vehicles and the ones parked on the side had the same passenger textures as those in front of the terminal, but that is just a very minor thing. 

So thank you and keep up the good work!!

(PS. Have not tried it with the patch yet for the taxi issue)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Maelmoor said:

@pyreegue
I finally had the opportunity to get my first look at Belfast and wow, really amazed by it! I remember how I really enjoyed the first airport I got that was made by you, Boryspil, as it was just how I remembered it IRL. Then later when Lviv was released I remember thinking "Wow, this is as good as it gets...only thing I'm missing is some people, who would give it a bit more life". When you added people to Edinburgh I thought this is it, can't get better than this...

 

..and with Belfast, you've outperformed yourself again! An absolute masterpiece! Everything is done with such a quality and passion, but what I love most is the attention to details. "Small things" such as the windows, how the glass feels so real because it's not perfect, as it's weathered, or the lights in the fridges with drinks in the lounge or the cafes..or the moving fans in the AC units, the people actually looking like they are working in the tower and so on!

With the people in and around the terminal moving, it really adds another dimension of immersion. When I pulled up in front of the terminal and saw people sit and chat in the café it was just awesome!

Performance wise it was great for me on my rather dated computer, I've always thought parallax is a great technique to use in buildings/places where it's not the main focus. Makes such a difference in the static airplanes to use it in the cabin, instead of just black textures. 

Everything is so well done, so it's hard to find any flaws, even in areas further away there is so much to explore and the quality is just as good. I know I will discover more things every time I fly to or from Belfast :D The only thing I could think of (and now we are on a very very detailed level) would be the buses. I felt they were not as good as the other vehicles and the ones parked on the side had the same passenger textures as those in front of the terminal, but that is just a very minor thing. 

So thank you and keep up the good work!!

(PS. Have not tried it with the patch yet for the taxi issue)

Wow what a read! Thanks for taking me back in time haha. Though I’m not sure what buses you’re talking about, the landside ones or the ones parked near stands 9-11.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Maelmoor said:

The landside ones!

Hm I believe they are of the same quality as other landside vehicles. Crisp textures and good amount of geometry, not too much to keep things optimized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for such speedy support. First opportunity to fly into Belfast - taxiing to gate now present and correct!

 

Actually finding the gate not so easy though, no number guidance on the taxiway. But I guess these might be absent in reality!

 

Thanks

 

Richard

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 7:44 PM, pyreegue said:

Wow what a read! Thanks for taking me back in time haha. Though I’m not sure what buses you’re talking about, the landside ones or the ones parked near stands 9-11.

I was wrong about the buses, saw now that they were not parked off but actual passenger stops :)

Can also confirm taxi to gate is now working! Also got the opportunity to see the airport at night, stunning, you really nailed the lights!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, Richard1000 said:

Thanks for such speedy support. First opportunity to fly into Belfast - taxiing to gate now present and correct!

 

Actually finding the gate not so easy though, no number guidance on the taxiway. But I guess these might be absent in reality!

 

Thanks

 

Richard

 

 

They are marked with numbers on turn-ins. You might have missed them :) 

 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:23 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Viacheslav

What about Belgrade?

 

 

Hello. I'm planning to update UKBB, UKLL and continue work on EGNX. 

 

2 hours ago, Maelmoor said:

I was wrong about the buses, saw now that they were not parked off but actual passenger stops :)

Can also confirm taxi to gate is now working! Also got the opportunity to see the airport at night, stunning, you really nailed the lights!

 

Great news that taxi instructions work now, thanks! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Great scenery - thanks very much!

 

Would it be possible to get the markings for pushback position X-Ray added in the Eastern cul-de-sac? You can see it on the charts attached. It is a line that is perpendicular to the taxiway, about 1m wide with a relatively small X either side. I couldn't get a pic when I last visited but will keep hunting. Hope the diagram helps.

Thanks

index3.thumb.jpg.bb2875daaa99a6fee86b1006dc024c1f.jpgindex2.jpg

 

Edited by Kian_Andrews
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kian_Andrews said:

Great scenery - thanks very much!

 

Would it be possible to get the markings for pushback position X-Ray added in the Eastern cul-de-sac? You can see it on the charts attached. It is a line that is perpendicular to the taxiway, about 1m wide with a relatively small X either side. I couldn't get a pic when I last visited but will keep hunting. Hope the diagram helps.

Thanks

index3.thumb.jpg.bb2875daaa99a6fee86b1006dc024c1f.jpgindex2.jpg

 

 

Hi there, my satellite imagery did not have these. If you can get a picture I will happily add this to the scenery.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, pyreegue said:

 

Hi there, my satellite imagery did not have these. If you can get a picture I will happily add this to the scenery.

 

Thank you very much!


Here’s some satellite images I found online that show them. Then a couple of images as examples. 

Hope that helps!

125A56BD-42AB-40A1-B065-DD77CAB904AC.png

0DB8893D-8CAB-48DA-A49C-328805AE564B.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Gussgull said:

hi viacheslav hope you and family are well are you making egnx any preview pics please thank you

Hello, thanks for your support. EGNX pictures will follow soon after EGPF update. Currently I'm making EGNX surroundings and terrain/ortho work together with EGPF update.

Edited by pyreegue
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...