TE scenery

goodmanp

I'd kill for some expansion of the Western USA TE-sceneries for XP. Idaho, Utah, Colorado in particular, but everything inside of PilotEdge-coverage is good. I never fly outside that coverage anymore - haven't done so for years. I bought the Florida TE just to support the developers, but I haven't flown there yet, much though I'd love to...

I don't know anything about future plans, but Orbx's TrueEarth scenery sure does make a huge improvement to XP11 and I too would like to see ID, UT, & CO get the TrueEarth treatment. 

I don't see any TrueEarth products for XP11 listed in the "What we are working on - 2022" posted back in February.  (Just YBBN and KBUR for XP11.)

There are six months left in 2022, but there are also quite a few of the listed products still pending.

XP11:   YBBN and KBUR

MSFS: YMML, YBCG, YMLT, NZNV, LIPB, LIPH, ENGM, unnamed aircraft.

P3D:  KPBI, OpenLC Asia, TE Eastern Alps

(Hope I didn't miss any announced products.)

I would be a bit surprised to see an unannounced TE scenery area get released.  They are a lot of work and can take a lot of time to test, so I would assume they would be part of the master plan.  An extra airport from one of the indie developers wouldn't surprise me as much, but they are still a lot of work too.  

Again, no insider info here, I'm just looking at the named "working on" products, the pace of the releases so far, and the time left in 2022.

I am also curious about what will happen to the pace of XP11 scenery development with XP12 in the works.  (I haven't been following the progress on XP12.)

Whenever there is a major change to a sim, especially one that requires paying for the new version, you can't tell what is going to happen.

Will old scenery work in the new sim?  If yes, customers can keep buying scenery, but if no, some may stop buying until the new sim is released.

How many people will make the switch to the new version?  If lots of users stick with the old version, there could be demand for the old scenery for some time.

If everyone quickly switches to the new version, and if it is incompatible with the old, demand for the old scenery could dry up quickly.

I'm sure the developers would love to know what we crazy customers are going to do! :)

• Like 1