Few changes to the screenshot contest .

Iain Emms

Well then chaps just like to say there is a few changes coming up in the screenshot contests, Just to bring it up to date a bit as you know members have been posting shots of partner products available here in Orbx Central i was giving this ago to see how it went and now you can post these shots in the contest as well as Orbx products as well.

Im going to try having a themed screenshot contest you know like "On the wing " a different one every month this will start next month and see how it goes.

I will alternate between a themed contest and a normal contest.

Please remember the prize is now 100 Orbs and not a product of your choice. 

The Rules.

One entry per forum member.

2. You can submit edits whatever you like.

3. The shot must be using an Orbx region or Orbx Airport  or Partner product only available from Orbx Central no restrictions on aircraft.

4. Any no screenshot post ie comments will be deleted.

5. Entries close on the said date midnight GMT.

6. You can not vote for your own shot.

7.Winners will be chosen by a poll by you the members who have entered the contest.

8.When the contest closes  everyone that has entered a shot will have one vote each to choose the winner of the contest, i will open the voting soon after the contest closes.You will then have six days to cast your vote .

9. The winner must have an OrbxDirect account to claim your prize.

10.No comments from  other forum members please on other members entries.

Please make sure the shot you enter is the one you want in the contest for your entry.

Well then chaps lets see how it goes and i hope you think its a good idea to try this and i hope you all give it a go and enter a shot in the contests.

cheers

Iain

• Like 3

Just now, Iain Emms said:

I'm going to try having a themed screenshot contest you know like "On the wing " a different one every month this will start next month and see how it goes.

Well ... that gets my vote!!! I think it will add a little "spice"! The only (slight) difficulty I can see is working out whether each entry adequately fits that requirement! Would you need to moderate them for that?

A while back, in the NZFF screenshot comps, we also ran them as themed - and people got *two* votes: one for "best fit for the theme" and one for pure aesthetics. The two votes were then combined to give a final score.  You could weight the scoring by giving the theme vote 2 points and a "regular" vote only the one. That way, you probably wouldn't even need to police the entries.

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi, not sure if I understood this well

For example, next mothn could be, London landmarks? then next month KBUR shots? and so on?...

Thanks for clarifying

Cheers

Carlos

No it won't be for specific airports or airfields  or cityscapes because i know people dont own all of these products Carlos it could also be themes of say weather shots as long as there are products from Orbx Central in them ot airliners over airports and so on.

cheers

Iain

• Thanks 1

Just to add the themed screenshot contest is not fixed in concrete if people think its a bad idea please speak up I don't want it to end in hardly anyone entering the contests because of it.

I won't take offence if you say its a bad idea that's what I'm here for to listen to you all good or bad.

cheers 

Iain 

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Im going to try having a themed screenshot contest you know like "On the wing " a different one every month this will start next month and see how it goes.

But please remember if you win a contest the prize is only an Orbx product and not a partner one you can choose as your prize.

Love this idea!  Looking forward to the new contest! :)  

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

No it won't be for specific airports or airfields  or cityscapes because i know people dont own all of these products Carlos it could also be themes of say weather shots as long as there are products from Orbx Central in them ot airliners over airports and so on.

cheers

Iain

Hi Iain

Ok, undertood

Thanks

Carlos

23 minutes ago, renault said:

Hi Iain

I like this idea.

Could I make a small suggestion

Perhaps you could set a review in about 3 months time or so.

Ask folks if they liked how it is working and are there any suggestions to tweak it .

Cheers

Pete

Nice idea Pete I will take it on board something to think about.

cheers 

Iain 

• Thanks 1