Marino di Campo , Italy

renault

Fantastic shots Pete, I can almost SMELL being there.

But you do not have the full picture of history:

16 hours ago, renault said:

Perhaps  it's most famous resident in its long history was  Napoleon Bonaparte

That is not true, at least not for me. The most famous visitor there was my doctoral father, the writer of reference #2 in this article: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grüner_Igelwurm . In the 1980s he was harvesting Bonellia viridis with some hired divers in the Marina di Campo, to extract Bonellin, the green pigment of Chrorophyll-like structure, before developing the first lab synthesis of it. We had original samples (mg) of natural Bonellin in our lab fridge, obviously a treasure.

On 5/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, BradB said:

Splendid set of shots Pete . 

Thanks John:)

Cheers

Pete

On 5/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, Sniper31 said:

Your images are always so deeply colored Pete. Really shows of the details nicely. Another great set! :) 

Landon

Thanks Landon:)

It is appreciated very much sir!

Cheers

Pete

16 hours ago, John Mac said:

Fabulous set Pete! Felt I was on me holidays there for a moment! 
John.

15 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Fantastic pics, Pete. Gives me the feeling of almost being there myself :)

Thanks to both of you

That was the feeling I was trying to convey :)

Cheers

Pete

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots Pete, I can almost SMELL being there.

But you do not have the full picture of history:

That is not true, at least not for me. The most famous visitor there was my doctoral father, the writer of reference #2 in this article: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grüner_Igelwurm . In the 1980s he was harvesting Bonellia viridis with some hired divers in the Marina di Campo, to extract Bonellin, the green pigment of Chrorophyll-like structure, before developing the first lab synthesis of it. We had original samples (mg) of natural Bonellin in our lab fridge, obviously a treasure.

My goodness Gerold , what  a childhood you must of had.:)

To have a father who did that for a living, would have been a adventure every day for you.

I just did some reading on it.  Bonellin is not something you would want to have around without precautions by the sounds of it . The

actual worm doesn't sound like the kind of creature you want to encounter either. I fully understand what you mean by the odor reference :o

And the male of the species .... My goodness, I  don't think I will sleep well tonight   :o:o

And I quite agree .... Napoleon ....  not even close!!

Cheers and thanks so much for this.  

I learned some fascinating things about something I knew absolutely nothing about

All the best 

Pete

• Like 1