Orbx Central App Map, purchases purple highlighted

Kjaye

Hi there,

This is a strange request, but one that affects my OCD need for order!

I own every Great Britain airport and product on sale on your site, which means everything on the British mainland in my Orbx Central map is coloured purple. I've always enjoyed buying everything to keep the map complete.

However, you've now added Burning Blue Design's airfields, which is great they are fantastic. BUT I already own them all apart from Denham and Fair Oaks and now I have multiple airports on the map that are coloured grey that I actually own.

I was wondering if there is a way where I can prove ownership of them so that I could have them enabled on the Orbx app, mainly to colour them purple so that it keeps my map nice but also for ease of installation and updates?

I hope you're able to work something out. If you can I will buy Denham and Fairford from here too. Thanks!

Edited by Kjaye

I'm glad it's not just me! It sounds like a trivial thing, but it has stopped me enjoying the map and like you I've now set up my own Google map.

If I were them I'd fix it as those of us who care about such order are far more likely to buy airports to ensure we still own everything in the countries we fly. I've always bought everything to keep Britain all purple, but if it's no longer possible to do that I'm less likely to buy any British airports I'm otherwise uninterested.

Also, I'm more likely to buy direct from third party developers where it's normally a bit cheaper if I don't get the reward of having my map 'conquests' displayed!

• Like 1

Yeah, it's also annoying when you buy from a third party only to have it appear in Orbx Central afterwards!

I colour code the pins on my Google map: Orbx, non-Orbx and Asobo hand-crafted ;-) But since Orbx sell third-party airfields now the distinction is blurring so I might just make Orbx and non-Orbx the same.

On the plus side, at least Orbx are better at updating the Discover map than they used to be! :-)

Edited by SGunard