Jump to content

Final Carrot from PMDG


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As an ex Marketing manager - I have been following closely the  - "Carrot and the Donkey" approach to the production

 of their B 737 for MSFS - Quite frankly - I got fed up of the process - now glad to see that a release date has finally - been

given "for Take Off" -----May 9th official --- https://youtu.be/_uvw2tSrKeM

 

 

Now - should I join the Donkeys  - or Stick to the cheap Braddok 737 -I already have been practicing on - or just stick to

my love of low - slow Carenado and JF - GA aircraft:D  - Not forgetting the F14/15/16 and the Spit and the Lightning

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I just hope it doesn't disappoint. It has been a long waiting and could end in frustration.

I just need it works by pressing F1 to F8, arrows, numb pad and the dot, plus some other keys on my keyboard, I'll be done, that's all I need :D

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope it lives up to all the hype. Personally I will wait a few weeks to see the reaction and how quickly they deal with MSFS updates. My former flight instructor is now a line captain and flies the 800 and the Max. It’ll be interesting to hear what she has to say when they are released later this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I will not follow the carrot, because PMDG has hugely disappointed me once. Many years ago though, but sometimes I'm like an elephant. ;)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wolfko said:

I think I will not follow the carrot, because PMDG has hugely disappointed me once. Many years ago though, but sometimes I'm like an elephant. ;)

Same here. I've had enough of Robert and company. And I'm too busy with the Boeing 247D at the moment anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

$A 105 - a bit rich for my OAP at the moment

I think I will stick with the Breddok - or if I wish to keep trying Tubes - Both the Salty 747 and the Asobo 787

 - simply because I love Boeing and and all the 1000s of miles I have flown in them to repeat in the sim

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Nick Cooper changed the title to Final Carrot from PMDG
4 hours ago, John Heaton said:

 

$A 105 - a bit rich for my OAP at the moment

I think I will stick with the Breddok - or if I wish to keep trying Tubes - Both the Salty 747 and the Asobo 787

 - simply because I love Boeing and and all the 1000s of miles I have flown in them to repeat in the sim

 

$105!? Has there ever been an addon that costs this much? Agree with you John there are other planes that are free or considerably cheaper that are still quite brain challenging. I must admit the marketing has kept me glued to any snippets.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

these debates seemingly have no end but it may be worthwhile to point out that as FSX Steam Edition has been available for £5,

or around 7 AUD, pretty much all addons have been more money than that simulator. 

There must be hundreds of addons that cost more than the simulator that they are designed for, some of them made by Orbx.:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

these debates seemingly have no end but it may be worthwhile to point out that as FSX Steam Edition has been available for £5,

or around 7 AUD, pretty much all addons have been more money than that simulator. 

There must be hundreds of addons that cost more than the simulator that they are designed for, some of them made by Orbx.:)

Fair point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where are you all getting $105? From what I saw posted here: https://fselite.net/content/pmdg-737-for-msfs-pricing-revealed/

the 737-700 will release for $69.99 and then once the 737-600 is released, the price will bump up to $74.99. I am confused about the $105 number that has been thrown around in this thread. :huh:

 

Landon

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Where are you all getting $105? From what I saw posted here: https://fselite.net/content/pmdg-737-for-msfs-pricing-revealed/

the 737-700 will release for $69.99 and then once the 737-600 is released, the price will bump up to $74.99. I am confused about the $105 number that has been thrown around in this thread. :huh:

 

Landon

My Quote of $A105 in the OP of this thread - was based on the Australian dollar equivalent to $US of $70

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

My Quote of $A105 in the OP of this thread - was based on the Australian dollar equivalent to $US of $70

Ah, gotcha. I did not realize the exchange rate was that much different currently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there's quite a heated, not sure if discussion is the right word on FSelite and also Avsim...I have to admit I find the pricing a little confusing, it used to be a base price then expansion price but this seems like the same price for every variant? am I wrong? if I do decide to get this, it will be down the road a bit and I will probably just chose one variant, I had NGXU and mostly flew cargo, same with the 777 in my p3d days....there seems to be lot coming out at the moment and I think there are other more important things I need to spend money on at the moment, will be keeping an eye out though to see how it goes......my problem with PMDG was how we were treated with the DC in Xplane, never updated and now not even available in my account to download....and yes I would've paid a fee to get that in Xplane 11 officially......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Ah, gotcha. I did not realize the exchange rate was that much different currently. 

To day = US70 == $A99.9 + rate fee ++Bank fees ++ paypal fees = $A105

                         us75                                                                         =$A111

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to stay away from PMDG pricing threads because I'm not interested in any flight sim drama anymore, after all it's a hobby, there's enough drama in the outside world. I ultimately believe when it comes to pricing instead of having 20 page argumentative threads, just vote with your wallet.

 

That being said, I am indifferent about the price, if you only want a single variant, it's good value for money, it's $30 less than the base pack of P3D, and you get 3 variants rather than the 2 of P3D, but if you're a collection person like me, I feel like the pricing could have been slightly more generous for those of us who will buy every variant.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drama?  It's more like life or death with most of those people on the PMDG forum.  When they aren't thanking Randazzle for every blessing he gives them or dying by the minute until the release.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...