40% discount for MSFS products previously purchsed for P3D/FSX

panicp

Hi,

Just prior to the realease of MSFS, there was an online forum with Orbx CEO Anna Cicognani and we were reassured that products we had previously purchased for P3D would be discounted by 40%. The announcement was made here: https://Orbx.group/Orbx-announces-products-for-the-new-microsoft-flight-simulator/

This is the te
xt:

"Orbx Simulation Systems CEO Anna Cicognani said: “At Orbx we are thrilled by the launch of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, and can’t wait to spend some serious time flying in it.

We’ve been waiting to confirm our products and pricing for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and we are now happy to provide an update.

Our talented developers have been hard at work bringing the Orbx experience, valued by simmers around the world, to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Orbx is producing a superior line-up of products to support the new platform, with 8 products available at or shortly after launch. During the launch window these products will be available for purchase at competitive pricing levels, currently ranging from US$7.99 to US$19.99 through OrbxDirect and the Microsoft FlightSim Marketplace.

We are also happy to confirm that current owners of Orbx products running on Prepar3D, X-Plane and Aerofly FS 2 that are launched for Microsoft Flight Simulator will receive a 40% discount. As ownership needs to be validated, this discount can only be applied via purchases from OrbxDirect."

I had bought quite a few of the Australian airports and wanted to upgrade them - but when i go to purchase e.g. Coffs Harbour for MSFS, no discount is applied if I go through the purchase process. Can anyone tell me how I go about claiming the discount as previously announced?

Many thanks in advance.

Coffs Harbour for MSFS is a product by Impulse Simulations so it won’t be eligible for any discount. 

We currently do offer 20% discounts for cross-platform purchases of Orbx products. The 40% launch offer was for our releases for MSFS back in August/September 2020. 

• Like 2

Thanks Ed.

1) Could you point me to where the CEO explained the 40% would only be available for a matter of weeks after the release of MSFS and therefore, by definition, was only valid for a period of time when there were very few MSFS upgrades availale for purchase from Orbx?

2) From the Oz airfields I bought (YBAS, YBRM, YBUD, YPJT and YSCH) after nearly 2 years, the only smaller regional Australian airfield to become available for MSFS from Orbx is YSCH. From what you're saying, as this was written by a different developer, there would be no discount - despite what the CEO said - and not even the 20% across platform discount you mentioned? So what will be the position if the other airfields become available? From what you're saying, there won't be a 40% discount available at all but there might be a 20% discount availale?

I have to say, from what we were told by the CEO, this is pretty disingenuous at best since whoever writes the software, the product is sold on Orbx and thus one might expect the CEOs statements to be honoured?

3) is the 20% across platform discount offered at checkout assuming the system picks up the user already has the software for a different platform?

4) There were some awesome freebie airfields offered for P3D. Is there any likelihood at all that these would be made availavle for MSFS?

I very much appreciate your reply and thanks for your help.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Whilst I don’t work for Orbx, here’s my observations and thoughts, if it helps,

1) I agree than a timeframe wasn’t mentioned in the quoted post but “the launch window” was, now yes that can lead to interpretation but I wouldn’t say MSFS is still in the launch window 18 months after initial release and 15+ updates in.

2) “I have to say, from what we were told by the CEO, this is pretty disingenuous at best since whoever writes the software, the product is sold on Orbx and thus one might expect the CEOs statements to be honoured?“

Respectfully I have to disagree, think of Orbx as Amazon, it is a platform for developers to sell their products through, I believe Orbx themselves do not have any input into pricing of these and rather the 3rd party developer dictates to Orbx what they want the product to be sold at.

I really do not see any disingenuous behaviour here, it is clearly written that any discounts will affect Orbx products and not those of 3rd Party Developers,

• Like 4