Question about NZ mesh

carlosqr

Hi

I woud like to know if this is right?

I'm using the addon linker, and by defualt anything installed by Orbx Central gets ticked

izV9yxM.jpg

But it seems strange to me that the default one is ticked

I am seeing Milfold Sound spoiled

Just downloaded everything related again to test but the folders above look odd to me

Thanks

Carlos

PS

How can I reassign my post to the general discussion?

Thanks

Edited by carlosqr

This is how it looks like

CzeVJJQ.jpg

Gh5bdbp.jpg

But seeing this one I think it is the addon itself

5WofqQU.jpg

Because if I go up and take a general lool seems quite fine

sAEibgO.jpg

Will Orbx ever make this gem?

Please just let me know if it is ok to have the folders as they are

Thanks

Carlos

After reading your posting and I set my aircraft  to Milford Sound/NZMF for verification. I have Orbx NZ Mesh active and  I confirm the problem! 

This is probably due to the Sim Update 9. I remember that this problem did not exist before.

• Thanks 1

Yes, probably SU9. Many other Plane and Scenery addons(Orbx and non-Orbx) shows anomalies. I hope that Microsoft/Asobo will finally stabilise their SDK-Module that ever since is adapted(=improved?) by every SU and angrees the Sim-addon developpers by constant need to update their products to a next version.....:(

• Upvote 1

Confirmed here. I've posted on Sergio's page on Flysim.to - asking him to wave his magic wand!!

I tried every combination of with/without NZ Mesh and different addon versions. None worked - and it doesn't appear to be Orrbx Mesh related.

Oddly, you'd expect the error to have occurred afte the last *World* update - and not SU9.

It's a great (freeware) addon, but I'm still hoping that Orbx will re-work their P3D classic NZMF for MSFS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys for checking too

Yes, Adam, I saw your post and "liked" it, that was the moment I came back to just clarify if the Orbx folders were ok

It is indeed very nicely done, and I fear if Sergio will update it or not, looks like he dropped the Nepal ones.

It would be highly appreciated if Orbx remakes it.

Thank you very much to you all

Cheers

Carlos

• Upvote 1

Strange indeed!!! What version of Sergio's NZMF do you have running? And ... did you clear your rolling cache before (or after) the SU9 update?

Does anyone know if scenery *order* (in the contents.xml file) is important for Orbx-related scenery?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Does anyone know if scenery *order* (in the contents.xml file) is important for Orbx-related scenery?

I always delete the content.xml file after a MSFS update, often even after bigger scenery addon updates. You can basically delete the .xml every time you fire up MSFS, never had any issue with it and it does also not slow down loading or such

BTW: I sadly stopped using NZMF completely, but due to another reason that is still not fixed two years after release: the ridiculous snow coverage when using live weather. How do you guys fly in the sim? For me, if I am using live weather, I always have snow coverage around NZMF. If not directly at Milford itself, for sure some miles north. Totally immersion breaking...

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

the ridiculous snow coverage when using live weather.

Oh I thought it was caused by something wrongly set up in my system or Bijan but yes, anytime you fly in live weather there that happens

Thanks for this info

15 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

I have version 2.1 installed and I didn't clear the rolling cache, neither before nor after the update.

I'm afraid that you might find, if you *do* clear the rolling cache, you'll lose your good NZMF.

I have version 2.5 installed - and have also tried 2.4. Neither works. I'll see if I can grab 2.1 and see if that works with SU9.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Frank Fromtheshore said:

Same problem for me. It was driving me crazy but fortunately I found this thread and found out it is a common issue.

Anyone found a solution yet? 

NZ mesh needs an update, Orbx will provide it in time

As per Milford Sound's update we just have left to pray for that to happen.

Cheers

Carlos

Brain fog here (!!) ... with my main Mesh folder, I have two additional addons:

z_airport-nzmf

z_default-nzmf

Which of these need to be activated and in what circumstances?

If any Orbx dev sees this, please note that Orbx Central shows a panel/link for the User Guide ... that goes nowhere. IMHO, either the panel should be de-activated, or a default guide of some sort needs to be put into the archive.

19 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Brain fog here (!!) ... with my main Mesh folder, I have two additional addons:

z_airport-nzmf

z_default-nzmf

Which of these need to be activated and in what circumstances?

If any Orbx dev sees this, please note that Orbx Central shows a panel/link for the User Guide ... that goes nowhere. IMHO, either the panel should be de-activated, or a default guide of some sort needs to be put into the archive.

Only the z_airport-nzmf folder is shipped with the NZ Mesh and it is there if using the default NZMF. If using any other version, it can be disabled or removed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ed Correia said:

Only the z_airport-nzmf folder is shipped with the NZ Mesh and it is there if using the default NZMF. If using any other version, it can be disabled or removed.

Thanks, Ed ... that's what I need to know! I think the other one was from an old(er) install.

I did some tests with the freeware NZMF out there - without the airport folder and it all worked great, so we're all good now :)

Coincidentally - I was checking my NZFsim site and one of the pics on my Home Page shows a take-off from NZMF ... but in P3D. It's *gorgeous* ... so I'm still hoping Orbx might get around to doing an MSFS version. The freeware is better than default, but is pretty ghastly compared to the P3D version!

BTW - thanks for the mesh update. All looking good so far (and it's great to see NZQN properly again!).

• Upvote 1

Hi all

Is it just me or are others getting the MSFS disconnect error message again.

I updated the NZ mesh last night

Today after 3 flights in NZ I get the disconnect error message on each flight. 

I got this message often a while back but a recent MSFS 2020 update fixed it. Now its back for me. 

Please note I have not tried any fix IE deactivating NZ mesh or flying outside of NZ, as in my mind I cant link a mesh update to a internet disconnect?

Best wishes

Bob

4 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Thanks for clarifying this. I asked aboout those folders but no answer was received, so thanks

47 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Is it just me or are others getting the MSFS disconnect error message again.

I updated the NZ mesh last night

Today after 3 flights in NZ I get the disconnect error message on each flight. 

I got this message often a while back but a recent MSFS 2020 update fixed it. Now its back for me. 

Please note I have not tried any fix IE deactivating NZ mesh or flying outside of NZ, as in my mind I cant link a mesh update to a internet disconnect?

It's just anyone living in Browns Bay LOL (Hi Bob!).

I had a few disconnects again today ... but I  installed the new mesh yesterday afternoon (and tried a few flights with it), so I don't think it's related.