Continual CTD'S with MSFS.

Dear all,

I am totally exasperated and cannot find an answer to my CTD problem using MSFS.

I have posted in their Zendesk a few weeks ago but have had no replies.

Please see the error code in the attachment which results in a CTD.

It happens with any aircraft and at any location.

I just have Navigraph now in my community folder.

I tried a reinstall of MSFS but this problem keeps happening.

My computer is an 11th GEN I9 and run a 3070TI and have 32gb RAM.

Please can somebody help me?

Kind regards,

IMG_5528.jpg

Hi John,

I have completed 4 passes of the memory test that you suggested, both windows and Memtest86.

Both tests showed 0 errors and I am still getting CTD'S.

Any Idea what I can try next?

Kind regards.

Before the update that was happening to me, (no error message though) to the point that I launched the sim and it closed inmediately. Completely unable to start.

I tried leaving just payware

The repair and reestablish options and all the known procedures.

It went down so bad that happened even with the community folder empty, something defenitely got corrupted, so I decided to reinstall and so far all is fine.

Hope you find a fix with no need to reinstall but sometimes it does wonders, now it opens a lot faster, before it took 25 min after clicking on the icon until showing the final menu and I'm flying very smoothly.

At first I removed all freeware. The Global ships and the AIG traffic were my most candidates for the conflicts as wel as photogrammetry cities. But the sim seemed "exahausted" and couldn't make it, so I blew it away and reinstalled it.

Good luck

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos and John,

Thanks for that Carlos, I guess there is no such thing as a free lunch. I too will remove all free stuff.

I have just run the memtes86 again and left it overnight and woke up to a failed test.

I have decided to totally replace my 32gb or RAM and upgrade to Corsair Vengeance pro 64gb (2x32).

The sim is totally unplayable as it is and at least this test may indicate I have a bad RAM stick.

It is much easier just to replace the RAM sticks than individually check each one.

I really hope the new RAM will solve my continuous crashes not only on MSFS but another game too.

My new RAM is arriving tomorrow and I have done a total deletion and re-install of MSFS.

Keeping my fingers crossed

7 hours ago, Tobycoco said:

Hi Carlos and John,

Thanks for that Carlos, I guess there is no such thing as a free lunch. I too will remove all free stuff.

I have just run the memtes86 again and left it overnight and woke up to a failed test.

I have decided to totally replace my 32gb or RAM and upgrade to Corsair Vengeance pro 64gb (2x32).

The sim is totally unplayable as it is and at least this test may indicate I have a bad RAM stick.

It is much easier just to replace the RAM sticks than individually check each one.

I really hope the new RAM will solve my continuous crashes not only on MSFS but another game too.

My new RAM is arriving tomorrow and I have done a total deletion and re-install of MSFS.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Let's hope all gets back to normal or even better for you

Cheers

Carlos

• 4 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 6:49 AM, John Dow said:

Sounds like you might have a bad RAM stick?  Firstly, use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, and if it doesn't show any errors,  download a RAM test program like Memtest86.

See this page for more detail:  https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/how-to-test-ram

Hmmm . . . beware of programmers with a tool belt.  Its almost never hardware and if it is you will see it everywhere.