PMDG 737 - P3dV5

shane2801

HI there
After I land after an ILS approach, when I come to a complete stop on the runway, I cannot accelerate off the runway. When I throttle up the plane hardly moves and I get a "takeoff Config" warning come up. All brakes are off and both engines rev etc. What am I doing wrong?? Why doesn't the plane move?

Hi Shane, my hunch is that you have overheated your brakes. go to the outside view and look at the landing gear. if overheated one or both sides will be glowing red.Not sure if you can overcome this via the RH FMC options or not.

Rob

5 minutes ago, Robair said:

Hi Shane, my hunch is that you have overheated your brakes. go to the outside view and look at the landing gear. if overheated one or both sides will be glowing red.Not sure if you can overcome this via the RH FMC options or not.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Im still learning so theres a huge chance this may be the case. If I did, what do I do? Do I sit there until they cool down or did I break them ? :)

Not sure if you can just wait for this to cool or not, possibly or might need to reset the plane.

Go to your right hand FMC, hit PMDG setup, then aircraft, then failures and you should see the brake failure highlighted. From memory there will be options to clear it but I can’t remember if you might still need to restart the plane or not. Also when you are in that area it’s worth looking through the options pages 1-4 as it gives options to have service based failures turned on or off or random. Lots of options overall for this plane, take your time, explore it. it’s an excellent aircraft. I’m not an expert by any means but hope this helps a bit.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1