KCRW West Virginia International Yeager Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

6 hours ago, MasonDominique said:

Hi Filou

great shots as usual but i am puzzled : no jetways on your version ?

Thanks

Dom

Thank you,

No jetways would be unimaginable Is not it like a plane without wings.

629-b69bed74fe4ae2d9fece684d9aa7eb34.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MasonDominique said:

Fantastic

And what a great airport. I am looking again and again its location and there are so many flights to do !

Its also an airport for everybody, commercial, biz and piston :P

Best

Dom

Yes, and by looking at the C130s also military.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolfko said:

Yes, and by looking at the C130s also military.

They are Air National Guard aircraft based there, not a major military base. Fairly normal in the U.S. to have Air National Guard and Reserve aircraft based out of various public use airports.

Landon

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

They are Air National Guard aircraft based there, not a major military base. Fairly normal in the U.S. to have Air National Guard and Reserve aircraft based out of various public use airports.

Landon

Interesting, any reason for this?

Just now, EasternT3 said:

Interesting, any reason for this?

So, that basic answer to your question is that U.S. Air National Guard units (and Army National Guard units for that matter) fall under the command of the U.S. state where they are based at. Now, in both cases, Air National Guard aircraft/units and Army National Guard units can be utilized by the U.S. national government if needed. But, the priority is to support the state they are based out of. A common use for a U.S. state would be for disaster relief. Our national guard forces get activated and utilized frequently in those types of scenarios. Now, our main, active duty Air Force/Army/Navy and Marine forces have their own bases by and large. There are some cases of shared runways in the case of airports here and there (two examples I can give are Honolulu airport sharing runways with Joint Base Hickam/Pearl in Hawaii, and also here in Colorado where I live, Colorado Springs airport shares runways with Peterson Space Force Base, formerly Peterson Air Force Base). 

Landon

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...