New PC

boetie

Hello,

my relatively inferior system runs it with mostly ultra settings but at 2K, not 4K.

I still think that your proposed system should run it even at 4K and ultra settings with ease.

Perhaps someone who actually has such a magnificent system will come along and advise us further.

• Thanks 1

My system is similar with a 3060ti and I can run MSFS in 4K at mostly Ultra settings (with the resolution setting at 90%) and get 30fps in normal scenery and 20+ in cities.

Yours should be fine.  But remember every scenery is different so if some don't run all the way to Ultra, knocking a few sliders back a notch makes little visual difference.

• Like 1

Looks like a pretty solid system to me Graeme. That 12700KF is overclockable (IF you decide to go that route now or down the road). All the components look solid... Team Ram is good quality, the 3080 needs no intro, the motherboard looks solid, and like you said, you should be able to use the SSD from your current system. I am running on a little bit stronger system (12900k and 3080Ti, DDR5 RAM and it runs MSFS very smoothly at either 60 FPS locked or unlocked, with no stutters. That said, I run in 2k, albeit on an ultra wide monitor. My settings are a mish mash of Ultra and High end. My system is more then 4k capable, but I LOVE the ultra wide monitor experience and I can slide the MSFS resolution up past 100% for a little sharper detail without any ill effects. Pretty much looks like 4k at that point. You should definitely be able to do that with that system you are looking at. 

At any rate, you should be happy with that setup!

Landon

Edited by Sniper31

Thank you all. I’m now confident it’ll be the way to go. Busy negotiating with my wife at the mo. It was my birthday on Thursday!! Fingers crossed I’ll have a new system soon :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

System ordered. Thanks Landon, I have an Asus 34" curved monitor and a 27" monitor to run maps etc. I'm super excited to fly again but not looking forward to the endless downloads to get it back to where I was. 1st world problems I can handle in light of global happenings. Going to bed now to get some slumber before attending our local ANZAC dawn service. Hats off to you mate. Thank you.

G

On 4/16/2022 at 1:26 AM, Sniper31 said:

Looks like a pretty solid system to me Graeme. That 12700KF is overclockable (IF you decide to go that route now or down the road). All the components look solid... Team Ram is good quality, the 3080 needs no intro, the motherboard looks solid, and like you said, you should be able to use the SSD from your current system. I am running on a little bit stronger system (12900k and 3080Ti, DDR5 RAM and it runs MSFS very smoothly at either 60 FPS locked or unlocked, with no stutters. That said, I run in 2k, albeit on an ultra wide monitor. My settings are a mish mash of Ultra and High end. My system is more then 4k capable, but I LOVE the ultra wide monitor experience and I can slide the MSFS resolution up past 100% for a little sharper detail without any ill effects. Pretty much looks like 4k at that point. You should definitely be able to do that with that system you are looking at. 

At any rate, you should be happy with that setup!

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good stuff Graeme. I am entertaining guests this weekend at my home, so not on here much at the moment. Look forward to more reports from you as you move forward with the new PC and I'll be back around more in a few days :) 

Landon

• Like 1

Hello boetie,

Happy Anzac Day Mate. Looking at your new rig and its a beast. I do agree with Nick about SSD.  Then I seen you mention to salvage old SSD. Good call.

I have been dealing with PC Case Gear now for over 12 years and have purchased all my IT needs from them with awesome service. In process of ordering my new RTX3090ti with PCCASEGEAR wohoooo. Ok, I am off to the 10am service.

Happy Anzac Day to you All

Enjoy your new rig mate and happy flying 

Regards

Sam

• Like 1

• 2 months later...