TAP 1339 - Lisbon Arrival

D0S

Having enjoyed a few VFR flights around Portugal recently, I wanted to see if there were any further scenery enhancements available for the region and stumbled across MK Studio's Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport in Orbx Central which has just been updated to work seamlessly with the Iberia World Update VIII.

This morning I took the Flybywire A3NX from my European home base of London Gatwick to the Portuguese capital as TAP 1339 via the following route: IMVU1Z IMVUR N63 SAM M195 LORKU KORUL ASPOR XAMAX XAMA7D

The real world weather forecast at Lisbon was for thick fog today, clearing at some stage between 0900 and 1100 UTC. With my arrival scheduled for 1000 UTC, I was anxiously checking the METARs en route, and had a hold programmed in on the STAR should I need it. Thankfully the cloud base had lifted by the time I got there and I was able to enjoy the Lisbon photogrammetry scenery on my final approach for runway 21:

Screenshot-15580.png

Screenshot-15585.png

Screenshot-15588.png

Screenshot-15592.png

Screenshot-15618.png

Screenshot-15623.png

Screenshot-15626.png

Screenshot-15632.png

Screenshot-15636.png

Screenshot-15639.png

• Like 7

So much nicer than P3D.  I often wonder if I should get out of simming as I seldom do it anymore and it doesn't seem likely PMDG or A2A will ever be in MSFS.  Why do I think this?  Because from what I've read Asobo and MSFS constantly move the goalposts with their incessant and mandatory updates which fouls up the programming already done on those planes.  

But looking at shot like the one on approach makes me want to wait before I sell all my hardware.  Is this Orbx scenery?  Especially in the first three shots? 

Very nice screenies, Andy!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

and it doesn't seem likely PMDG or A2A will ever be in MSFS

Jack, Robert Randazzo from PMDG announced a few days ago that the 737-700 will be out probably by the end of this month. So lets keep our fingers crossed :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So much nicer than P3D.  I often wonder if I should get out of simming as I seldom do it anymore and it doesn't seem likely PMDG or A2A will ever be in MSFS.  Why do I think this?  Because from what I've read Asobo and MSFS constantly move the goalposts with their incessant and mandatory updates which fouls up the programming already done on those planes.  

But looking at shot like the one on approach makes me want to wait before I sell all my hardware.  Is this Orbx scenery?  Especially in the first three shots? 

A2A has gone the military route , no more consumer products ; Sadly . :(:(

BTW - The first three shots is the recently updated default Asobo MSFS scenery for Spain and Portugal Jack .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Very nice screenies, Andy!

Jack, Robert Randazzo from PMDG announced a few days ago that the 737-700 will be out probably by the end of this month. So lets keep our fingers crossed :)

Yes, I know he did but I’m very doubtful, I’ll believe it when I see it.  And even then I want to see if the next MSFS update breaks it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradB said:

A2A has gone the military route , no more consumer products ; Sadly . :(:(

BTW - The first three shots is the recently updated default Asobo MSFS scenery for Spain and Portugal Jack .

Another reason to not buy this game.  So this is not Orbx scenery?  Isn’t that a violation of the Orbx rules?  Just asking.

• Confused 1

great shots there Andy, I have a few MK's addons and I like them all....as for PMDG they say it's coming along nicely, yes things need to be fixed sometimes after the updates but at least it's being updated regularly...

• Like 1

Thanks for the screenshot comments fellas!

Here's a few more shots departing from MK Studio's Lisbon, on my next flight down to Tenerife. 

Screenshot-15786.png

Screenshot-15793.png

Screenshot-15795.png

Screenshot-15796.png

Screenshot-15800.png

Screenshot-15799.png

Screenshot-15802.png

Screenshot-15806.png

Screenshot-15812.png

I like to tell a narrative from start to finish when sharing my virtual flights, so typically post full sequences with a bit of a back story over on the MSFS forums where I am not bound by such stringent posting requirements... For the 'non Orbx' portion of both flights, see All TAP'ed Out and Did I just find the worlds most scenic holding pattern? ;)

• Like 3