Anyone know how to keep Central from randomly logging out all the time?

flyinion

Anyone know how to keep Orbx Central from randomly deciding to log out all the time?  It's super annoying.  I open it once a week or so to check for updates and it gets annoying having to keep jumping over to LastPass to grab my password.  I had posted something in the old Central support forum almost 3 months ago trying to see if it was a problem on my end and it was ignored completely so I take that as a "it's functioning correctly" and I'm not going to bother with a support ticket again.  This is a very annoying UI design issue for sure though.

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, flyinion said:

Anyone know how to keep Orbx Central from randomly deciding to log out all the time?  It's super annoying.  I open it once a week or so to check for updates and it gets annoying having to keep jumping over to LastPass to grab my password.  I had posted something in the old Central support forum almost 3 months ago trying to see if it was a problem on my end and it was ignored completely so I take that as a "it's functioning correctly" and I'm not going to bother with a support ticket again.  This is a very annoying UI design issue for sure though.

This is a "long shot", but I have seen this type of issue from time to time.   It seems that win10 has a little random habit of resetting power management

for various devices  when it updates.

To check:

1) Right click on the start icon and open Device Manager

2) Go to Network Adapters and expand it

3) Depending on whether you use a direct connection to your router or wifi, right click

on the appropriate adapter and select Properties

4) Check  that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is NOT checked

Win10 updates (at least for me) seems to enjoy resetting these options from time to time

BTW this also happens for USB ports.  Although there is a setting in Power Management to control this, I've found that the

settings in Device manager tend to take priority . This is often the cause for various USB devices suddenly disconnecting from MS2020 

i.e. if this setting is on for the XBox controller and you haven't used it for a while during your flight, you might find it doesn't work .

As I mentioned at the beginning it is a bit of a stab in the dark, but since i have had it happen to me, I thought I would mention it.

If your wifi adapter or ethernet adapter does shut down, the server side will automatically assume you have left i.e. you are logged off.

Hope this may be of some help

Cheers

Pete

Edited by renault

Interesting. I've done that for USbs for reasons I've long forgotten, but not heard of this one. I've done as you suggested and we'll see. Seeing that it doesn't happen that often it'll be some while until we know the result.

What you say has a certain logic because on the odd occasion I've had to reboot my router. Mmm. :unsure:

I'll be beck :D

Back a lot sooner that I expected! Sadly, Pete, your 'fix' didn't work. :) Not to worry though, someone from the Orbx Central developers team will be along with the definitive answer eh?

On reflection, shouldn't this thread be in the Orbx Central forum?

Maybe Nick could use his magical powers to shoot it across? Pretty please Nick?

Edited by Ron Attwood

Hello Ron,

I could make a new one and put it into it?

For what it's worth, I suspect that having to log in again from time to time happens to everyone.

It certainly does to me.

I am told that there is ongoing work on Orbx Central but no timescale as yet as to when the improvements will be released.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, renault said:

This is a "long shot", but I have seen this type of issue from time to time.   It seems that win10 has a little random habit of resetting power management

for various devices  when it updates.

To check:

1) Right click on the start icon and open Device Manager

2) Go to Network Adapters and expand it

3) Depending on whether you use a direct connection to your router or wifi, right click

on the appropriate adapter and select Properties

4) Check  that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is NOT checked

Well Pete, this may not have helped Ron, but it sure helped me...with a different issue..lol. Allow me to explain...I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu, and the day after I was done upgrading, I would turn off my PC and then, within about 10 minutes, it would start back up all on it's own. I have never had this happen before, but, I have some PC knowledge, so I began to check Windows Power Management settings, BIOS settings, anything I could think of. I have never had my PC setup to turn on by itself before, and I did not reinstall Windows when I did the motherboard upgrade, so none of my Windows settings have changed (to my knowledge). I then scrubbed the Internet looking for answers, and tried lots of suggestions that I found. Nothing worked. What DID work was what YOU posted for Ron to try. The network adapter in my new motherboard was set to automatically turn on my PC.

Thanks Pete!

Landon

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Ron,

I could make a new one and put it into it?

For what it's worth, I suspect that having to log in again from time to time happens to everyone.

It certainly does to me.

I am told that there is ongoing work on Orbx Central but no timescale as yet as to when the improvements will be released.

Thanks for answering Nick. I wouldn't bother, not if they're aware and are beavering away at fixing it. ;) (couldn't find a 'tongue-in-cheek')

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Pete, this may not have helped Ron, but it sure helped me...with a different issue..lol. Allow me to explain...I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu, and the day after I was done upgrading, I would turn off my PC and then, within about 10 minutes, it would start back up all on it's own. I have never had this happen before, but, I have some PC knowledge, so I began to check Windows Power Management settings, BIOS settings, anything I could think of. I have never had my PC setup to turn on by itself before, and I did not reinstall Windows when I did the motherboard upgrade, so none of my Windows settings have changed (to my knowledge). I then scrubbed the Internet looking for answers, and tried lots of suggestions that I found. Nothing worked. What DID work was what YOU posted for Ron to try. The network adapter in my new motherboard was set to automatically turn on my PC.

Thanks Pete!

Landon

Hi Landon

That is great:).  As I mentioned, it was a bit of a long shot for the original member , but I'm really pleased that it was useful and helped

with your issue.  It definitely is an odd one :rolleyes:

It's easy to question why all these settings for power management are set the way they are, but from what I was able to find

they are all designed to maximize  laptop battery life.  It would be nice if there was a setting to tell windows update that this is not 

a laptop, so don't mess with my settings, but sadly that seems to be missing :)

Cheers

Pete

Edited by renault
  • Like 2

Yeah I don't think it will fix the problem I'm talking about.  I don't leave Central running in the background.  I just open it to check once in a while and it will randomly log out.  Kinda of like when websites log you out.  I assume it's a security measure to help prevent unauthorized purchases, but at least give us an option to stay logged in even if it's turned off by default.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2022 at 11:34 PM, flyinion said:

I assume it's a security measure to help prevent unauthorized purchases, but at least give us an option to stay logged in even if it's turned off by default.

Agreed. Other platforms like Steam have no problem keeping you logged in. Not sure how this hasn't been addressed yet. Horrible user experience, and is why I just buy stuff directly through the MSFS marketplace now.

• Upvote 1