A few snaps from Cairns - MSFS 2020

BradB

Outstanding shots, John. They look so lively! though still people are missing, for example in the lagoon...

Still confusing for me to see that it is not Orbx releasing such a great scenery from their home country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Outstanding shots, John. They look so lively! though still people are missing, for example in the lagoon...

Still confusing for me to see that it is not Orbx releasing such a great scenery from their home country.

Thanks Gerold , totally agree it should have been a Orbx product . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Hot digiddy dawg John, that looks so real y'all could truly fool me at least once:o. Great shots indeed.:D k

No way I can fool you Karl , you are way to smart for me . :wacko::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Hello simmers,

I am the creator of this scenery through Impulse and those shots are wonderful, thanks for sharing.
It has since been updated and upgraded to include more objects and animations.

I see some comment's on people, i can easily add 3D people however what i have come to find is with none, it seems ok, with a few it feels super empty, if you are going to add people you then need to add thousands for a life like effect. They can't be animated either or it would cripple FPS, are people ok with the sim feeling static and non moving?
How about some lying about the lagoon then? not in a frozen walk? Let me know your thoughts i am always continuing to develop this scenery.

Have a good day.

Nethiuz.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nethiuz said:

Hello simmers,

I am the creator of this scenery through Impulse and those shots are wonderful, thanks for sharing.

I see some comment's on people, i can easily add 3D people however what i have come to find is with none, it seems ok, with a few it feels super empty, if you are going to add people you then need to add thousands for a life like effect. They can't be animated either or it would cripple FPS, are people ok with the sim feeling static and non moving?
How about some lying about the lagoon then? not in a frozen walk? Let me know your thoughts i am always continuing to develop this scenery.

Have a good day.

Nethiuz.

Hi Nethuiz,

I would prefer to have static people (like we had with the OZx freeware), just for the optical impression. But this is only my humble opinion - let´s see what others say (or feel).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic shots John! :)

12 hours ago, Nethiuz said:

I see some comment's on people, i can easily add 3D people however

I agree with the others that a lot of static people would do it. They must not be animated. 

However I wonder if I would ever go to Australia in MSFS! AUV2 for ever! :D  :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots John, like 'em a lot:)

Don

Thanks Don . 

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, these look like photos John.

Thanks Jack . 

9 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Fantastic shots John! :)

I agree with the others that a lot of static people would do it. They must not be animated. 

However I wonder if I would ever go to Australia in MSFS! AUV2 for ever! :D  :D

Thanks Andy . 

• Like 1

Alright, it seems people is probably something a lot of you would like.
Among 3D people i plan to add more buildings for the non photogrammetry crowd, maybe some of the low rise stuff that stands out more than generic buildings like the shopping center, aquarium etc.
Also planning to add some animated boats, maybe to and from an island.

Now that Townsville is finished, (yes i will still continue to add to it) i have some more time.

• Upvote 3

On 9/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, Nethiuz said:

Hello simmers,

Have a good day.

Nethiuz.

Hi Nethiuz, I went to Cairns this morning, and unfortunately I think it must have been hit by a cyclone:rolleyes:. Not too sure what happened here, I'll try loading it again later.942081547_Cairnsdisaster1.thumb.JPG.6b535e633d715543a6da0b235134ce5b.JPG

1219242748_Cairnsdisaster2.thumb.JPG.fd20412bb632a8a5f238810d20aea520.JPG

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi Nethiuz, I went to Cairns this morning, and unfortunately I think it must have been hit by a cyclone:rolleyes:. Not too sure what happened here, I'll try loading it again later.942081547_Cairnsdisaster1.thumb.JPG.6b535e633d715543a6da0b235134ce5b.JPG

1219242748_Cairnsdisaster2.thumb.JPG.fd20412bb632a8a5f238810d20aea520.JPG

Welcome to photogrammetry, it's not kind up close. I think Australia got it worse than most countries.

Melbourne is even lower Quality than Cairns.

Some people prefer to turn it off,  there isn't anything I can do about it as it's a user choice to have it on/off.

I am however continuing to 3D model more buildings over time and deleting in sim ones weather they are autogen or PG.

Nethiuz.

Edited by Nethiuz
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1