Reducing MS2020 loading times .....

renault

I hope the following little tip will be of interest to my fellow forum members.
Please note , that this is not a hack, but was  mentioned by the Microsoft Zen Desk about a year ago as a method to 
reduce the MS2020 loading time.

I have the Steam version of MS2020 and I find that this reduces the loading time by a bit over a minute, which is significant.

Cheers

Pete

For those of you  who like watching videos, this is a good reference.

As I no longer use the MS2020 store version, I did a little bit of research for the instructions for using this tip
with the store version.  As a result , my instructions differ slightly from those in the video. 

I have an added line, ( @echo off) which simply blanks out the second line of text from appearing
on screen when you launch MS2020

For the windows Store version

Open notepad and add the following lines:

@echo off
start “” C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App “-FastLaunch”

Now save the file as a .bat file following the screenshot as shown below. Use Save as type: All Files (*.*)
Don't save this as a .txt file as it will not work

Give it any name you wish such as Launch MS2020.bat

Please note there have been some comments on various forums that sometimes this approach doesn't work for the store version. 

I suspect that the primary reason, why some have difficulty is that they save the file as a .txt file not as a All Files (*.*).

Therefore, before I would do the following modification to the instructions I would double check
that the file has been saved correctly.

If it has been and still doesn't work then try removing the quotation marks from the "-FastLaunch" text at the end.

i.e. it will look like the following, which you would paste into the .bat file

@echo off
start “” C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

Now after you have saved the file simply double click it to run MS2020 in quick launch mode. 
MS2020 will start at the checking for updates screen, having bypassed a significant part of the startup graphics,
which are informational/advertisement only.

5-For-the-Store-Version.png

Steam Version

For those who have the steam version, this is easier to do and can be done within the steam application
A pictorial guide follows :

1-Go-to-Library-and-find-MS2020.png

2-Select-Properties-Screenshot-918.png

3-Add-Fast-Launch.png

What you will want to add in LAUNCH OPTIONS is  -FastLaunch 

Exit from the steam application and start MS2020 in the normal way.

In my case, I have a desktop icon which starts the steam version.  As soon as MS2020 starts it will go to the checking for updates screen, having bypassed 
the initial startup graphics.