What is happening with OC download speeds?

fly60

It is now almost impossible to download anything in Orbx Central. Painfully slow. Incredibly frustrating. I mean what is the point of having Orbx Central app if we cannot use it for fast downloads? What is the point. 

I am not alone judging by some posts on here.

In contrast, Contrail app is blistering fast..on the same computer at the same time.

Anybody cares to explain ?

Edited by fly60
  • Like 2

Yes my downloads were a trickle, Then all a sudden came fast enough to download at reasonable speed, then slowed down again then speeded up again. At the end I was able to download my 71 addons onto the new computer within a day.

• Like 1

Me too.

Started downloading True Earth Great Britain South at 5:00 pm. It's 10 pm and It's still going and not even a third the way through. I'm on a mac with a fast broadband connection. Not even DCS is this slow or anywhere near it.

I hope this isn't the shape of things to come, as there are lots of other products I'm considering buying from this company.

2 hours ago, Baldeagle611 said:

Update: It's now 9:00 am. It appears to have stopped after completing about 80% of the download. Has it crashed? What do I do now? 

Anyone?

You can reset or restart OC or your computer, your download will resume without losing what you've downloaded.

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

You can reset or restart OC or your computer, your download will resume without losing what you've downloaded.

I did that. It went back to about 50%. so I guess I lost quite a bit of it. I read the advice on another of your posts and changed the download settings, pointing it at my SSD and enabling fast-lane etc. 12:30 pm and It's still crawling along. You can see it counting in fives: 395... 400... 405... Surely it shouldn't be this bad. Is there another way to download it other than using OC?

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 11:12 PM, Baldeagle611 said:

I did that. It went back to about 50%. so I guess I lost quite a bit of it. I read the advice on another of your posts and changed the download settings, pointing it at my SSD and enabling fast-lane etc. 12:30 pm and It's still crawling along. You can see it counting in fives: 395... 400... 405... Surely it shouldn't be this bad. Is there another way to download it other than using OC?

I feel your pain. I use Internet Download Manager for all my pc downloads but ofcourse it cannot be used on OC. So we are at OC's mercy. Let us know how you went.

5 hours ago, fly60 said:

I feel your pain. I use Internet Download Manager for all my pc downloads but ofcourse it cannot be used on OC. So we are at OC's mercy. Let us know how you went.

It finally completed at 6:30 pm. Tweaking the settings speeded it up slightly. At least it seems to be working ok. (sound of wood being touched).

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, erict said:

4.23GB panama city downloading at 156kbs

I'm on fiber, going to take 5 years downloading at this rate.

Can you guys start using AWS or something?

this is ridiculous.

Have a read of the various topics on this subject in the old support threads.  They explain it is almost always your ISP and other parts of the internet that throttle the speeds, and Orbx has no control over that.

• Like 1