FUNCHAL, MADEIRA - LPMA - by AmSim - A Review

BAW9DV

Hello,

I have just posted a video review on my YouTube channel of this new Madeira LPMA scenery by AmSim, released by Orbx.   In the review, I compare it with the default Asobo offering and discuss some of the issues raised by users and I add my thoughts.

I hope you enjoy it and find it useful.

Thank you,

regards

Lee

And . . .

An update to this scenery has been released - update to version 1.1.2 which fixes the approach lighting to runway 23 and also the issues with the moving stairs.

Regards,

Lee

• Like 1

Hi

Thank you for your review, which was very good.

This airport seemed to get some bad press in other areas of these forums, but seemed very good in your video review.

I will look to purchase on the strength of this.

32 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi

Thank you for your review, which was very good.

This airport seemed to get some bad press in other areas of these forums, but seemed very good in your video review.

I will look to purchase on the strength of this.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your kind works, glad you found it useful.   I wanted to stress that the default is not that bad - but that this offering does improve things a lot for this somewhat iconic airport and I think it's worth the investment.   And with two updates recently, AmSim do seem to be listening.

I hope you enjoy it.

Take care,

Lee

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi 

Saw this on sale so decided to purchase.

Had a slight issue with water either side of the runway. I altered the Scenery priority and that seems to have fixed it. But I have water in about 4-5 different areas coming down the hills (lavada) I guess. However, in the video above the scenery doesn’t seem to have these water issues and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I have already deleted the Asobo version and have no add on mesh. I also deleted my rolling cache and scenery indexes plus the Content.xml file. (Sorry not near PC so can’t provide a screenshot at the moment)

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Edited by paulk

19 hours ago, paulk said:

Hi 

Saw this on sale so decided to purchase.

Had a slight issue with water either side of the runway. I altered the Scenery priority and that seems to have fixed it. But I have water in about 4-5 different areas coming down the hills (lavada) I guess. However, in the video above the scenery doesn’t seem to have these water issues and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I have already deleted the Asobo version and have no add on mesh. I also deleted my rolling cache and scenery indexes plus the Content.xml file. (Sorry not near PC so can’t provide a screenshot at the moment)

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Paul,

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not entirely sure.   I saw the water climbibg up the hillsides with the Asobo version, but it disappeared when I deleted the Asobo scenery.   I cannot duplicate your issue I'm afraid.   Maybe try doing a fresh install of the scenery and see if it helps.

Lee

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I've deleted and reinstalled the LPMA scenery, and emptied my Community Folder and I still get the issues.

xacaD2N.png

pHywOrr.png

Anyone else got water everywhere? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE

PROBLEM FIXED.

Some really clever person on flightsim.to has made a freeware file called: maderia waterfix, which cures all the water and tree problems in LPMA Madeira. I would recommend it for anyone who doesn't have it as it really does improve the whople island.

@BAW9DV do you perhaps have the above freeware file installed already, hence why you were not seeing the issues I had? 

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

So sorry to come back so late on this - but no, I do NOT have this installed!

It never ceases to amaze me how different results are obtained by different users with the same scenery/elements/installations . . . .

Lee

No need for apologies, I can certainly recommend the file plus another has also been released in FlightSim.to which puts the high terrain to the north of the runway into place. Both are excellent freeware files and worth trying.

Paul,

You know what?  This file *IS* installed!!  I can't even remember where I got it from!  But of course it must have been Flightsim.To !   Sorry - my head is not performing well!

Which is the other "high terrain" file?

regards,

Lee