Introducing the next destination in our Landmark City Packs - Panama City!

Wow wow wow!!! This is looking spectacular! The Panama Canal is a sight to behold in real life, so it will be cool to see a great looking rendition in MSFS, not to mention all the other cool and good looking scenery! :) 

Landon

• Like 4

I must say I do love Orbx’s landmarks series. Always great interesting choices for locations. Although I do love to travel in real life, and have been fortunate to go to some incredible places, there are some locations which realistically I won’t get to in my life time. Maybe Panama Canal is one of those.  Orbx landmarks helps to provide a little bit of the magic of these locations and I find myself reading up on them loads so that I can really appreciate the flights I have around the landmarks scenery. Bravo!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BrianV said:

Fantastic work, just like being there. My next flight will start at Albrook Gelabert, ciudad vieja, the biomuseo, and then up the canal maybe all the way to Colon. 

Is this the local airport - how's about a screenshot then -- sounds like a good trip to try - and use this great City scape

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Is this the local airport - how's about a screenshot then -- sounds like a good trip to try - and use this great City scape

It is an airport close to the city but I don't think Orbx will add the airports

The Internation one, Tocumen, exists as a payware in the marketplace only.

It was created by Gabriel Viso an Argentinian-Costa Rican along with a Colombian, can't remember the name of the company

Gabriel initially had a free Tocumen version in Flightsim.to but then it was removed but their free Tocumen version (I still have it running) is great so the payware one must be a bit better after their merge. So you'll have the whole package, their airport (through the market place) and the canal and city through Orbx. :)

• Thanks 1

What's the use buying it. Orbx will just sell it to MS or include it in a WU like they have been doing with some of their other Citypacks and it'll be there for free in an upcoming world update. I've purchased ALL the citypacks released so far but this business practice just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. And no, the Netflix analogy doesn't cut it for me. Thanks but I'll pass. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Saif Salahuddin said:

What's the use buying it. Orbx will just sell it to MS or include it in a WU like they have been doing with some of their other Citypacks and it'll be there for free in an upcoming world update. I've purchased ALL the citypacks released so far but this business practice just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. And no, the Netflix analogy doesn't cut it for me. Thanks but I'll pass. 

You're acting like it's common place, it's only happened with Frankfurt

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saif Salahuddin said:

Frankfurt and Melbourne.  Frankfurt was included pretty well complete I think but there's some work going on to include additional scenery in Melbourne for an add-on City Pack release, but it's only at an evaluation stage at the moment. And look at Sydney, MSFS have a good version in the Australian scenery, but the Orbx Cityscape has many more modelled buildings and features across the entire urban area including many satellite CBDs.

I think the chances of this scenery being included in any MSFS release in the forseeable future is vanishingly small, as a South America update would surely have Rio de Janeiro or somewhere iconic as its main attraction for MSFS, and if a Central America update is planned it's probably waaaaay down the track.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, John Dow said:

if a Central America update is planned it's probably waaaaay down the track.

It would be the last one indeed, as it was in the video series. MPTO doesn't even exist in the sim.

Next "surprise" update I would say is going to be New Zealand or another part of Europe

Edited by carlosqr

First class as always. It would sadden me though if as per screen shots that

there was only the one mule working and not in the repair shop.

Also there appears to be a dock strike because there is a distinct lack of

workers. C'mon chaps hu'mour me please. :(

Kevin

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Panama classified within North America products?....

That is the United Nation classification where North America includes Central America and the Caribbean. In my mind I would have North (or Northern) America, Central America, Caribbean and South America.  Either way, I am looking very forward to this release. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BrianV said:

That is the United Nation classification where North America includes Central America and the Caribbean. In my mind I would have North (or Northern) America, Central America, Caribbean and South America.  Either way, I am looking very forward to this release. 

Roger that

Interesting perspective of the UN

Thanks

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 6:08 AM, carlosqr said:

Finally something for this side of the world, our neighbors.

I'm more than ready for it, even had chosen the music for the future video :lol:

Adding a few more skyscrappers would be lovely :rolleyes:

...and you were the first person to buy this - officially! Pretty special! :wub:

• Like 3

Thank you for the Release!
First of all the canal looks really well done and the city has some nice looking landmarks - as well as the animated flags. What I would like to see are some improvements and/or some additions to the existing landmarks (from the most to less urgent in my opinion). 

1. I noticed that watermasks around the Caso Viejo are shown as the solid textures, which in my opinion is an immersion breaker. You also can see a white spots on some of them which appears to be yachts. Is it possible to make them as the proper watermasks instead of the solid textures?
2. I noticed that quite an important landmarks for Panama City such as the old Cathedral ruins of Panamá Viejo and  the Rommel Fernández Gutiérrez stadium are not there. Is it possible to add them - at least the Panamá Viejo?
2. The city has quite a few nicely modeled tall buildings - but it still feel way too sparsely built compared to the real life. Is it possible to add more tall buildings in the future? Afterall all Panama City is known as the Manhattan of Latin America. ;) 
3. Is it possible to add a custom satellite image to the Tocumen airport?

Regards, 
Flyer2022

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flyer2022 said:

Thank you for the Release!
First of all the canal looks really well done and the city has some nice looking landmarks - as well as the animated flags. What I would like to see are some improvements and/or some additions to the existing landmarks (from the most to less urgent in my opinion). 

1. I noticed that watermasks around the Caso Viejo are shown as the solid textures, which in my opinion is an immersion breaker. You also can see a white spots on some of them which appears to be yachts. Is it possible to make them as the proper watermasks instead of the solid textures?
2. I noticed that quite an important landmarks for Panama City such as the old Cathedral ruins of Panamá Viejo and  the Rommel Fernández Gutiérrez stadium are not there. Is it possible to add them - at least the Panamá Viejo?
2. The city has quite a few nicely modeled tall buildings - but it still feel way too sparsely built compared to the real life. Is it possible to add more tall buildings in the future? Afterall all Panama City is known as the Manhattan of Latin America. ;) 
3. Is it possible to add a custom satellite image to the Tocumen airport?

Regards, 
Flyer2022

Sorry Mate! - you have 4.23 Gigs for what $10 ?? - Soooh if you want  - "What I would like to see are some improvements" - how much more would you have to pay

Some people are never satisfied

I say again - well done Orbx for producing something for such a low price -  that 99% of us wouldn't know the difference of what's missing  - and it looks good

I have just paid $A34  for Coffs Harbour - a "small town" on the Northern New South Wales coast - for MSFS - and have 2 early renderings of the same town

from Orbx - it's all a matter of choice commercially

P>S> - Anna - Ed -- I've got $50+ from my pension handy--- if you want to give me the Gold Coast City and airport:D

6 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

To be honest I did not except this question to be turned personal - let alone so quick.. 
I don't understand the reason of speaking down to people, accusing them of being ungrateful and them having to defend themselves for a simple suggestion and a bug report
What I am telling is that this scenery is really wonderful and I hope there could be a way to make it even more wonderful (believe it or not I am even willing to pay extra to get some of the things done). 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Yeap :lol:, right after I saw the e-mail of launch I got it, I flew around a bit before bed, it was cool

Thank you Anna

My email receipt is timed at 06:37 GMT which is also 06:37 UTC so I was quite an early bird :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flyer2022 said:

To be honest I did not except this question to be turned personal - let alone so quick.. 
I don't understand the reason of speaking down to people, accusing them of being ungrateful and them having to defend themselves for a simple suggestion and a bug report
What I am telling is that this scenery is really wonderful and I hope there could be a way to make it even more wonderful (believe it or not I am even willing to pay extra to get some of the things done). 

I agree

7 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Sorry Mate! - you have 4.23 Gigs for what $10 ?? - Soooh if you want  - "What I would like to see are some improvements" - how much more would you have to pay

I say again - well done Orbx for producing something for such a low price -  that 99% of us wouldn't know the difference of what's missing  - and it looks good

I have just paid $A34  for Coffs Harbour - a "small town" on the Northern New South Wales coast - for MSFS - and have 2 early renderings of the same town

from Orbx - it's all a matter of choice commercially

P>S> - Anna - Ed -- I've got $50+ from my pension handy--- if you want to give me the Gold Coast City and airport:D

There is nothing wrong in suggesting/recommending or requesting

Orbx has always said that developers usualy work far from locations or even dont' know them at all, so people who really know the area are right in suggesting or requesting I would say and that has nothing to deal with being greatful or not.

I am very happy for Orbx having considered my side of the world in their catalogue but this will also expose them to exactly this, the expectations of people who do know the area.

They might like to pay attention to the very few details mentioned/requested and maybe improve them as this should be taken as a constructive feedback and not as a claim.

I do also think the city looks pretty empty, I also think that compared to default it's awesome and also think that if they improve, it would be fastastic

What is the potential weakness here? That another developer comes out with a better option, that should not happen, that will send all the effort down the hill and they will be a second best.

Have you seen both Singapore cities in the market?

Orbx one won and yet rules

So recommendations are good, everyday there is a new developer.

If I knew how to create buildings I would add some myself to make it look better and it doesn't mean that is bad or I am not thankful

Also it has nothing to deal with price, some other cities are more expensive and we buy them too.

I am waiting for SamScene last one by the way

I would like to highlight this you said:

that 99% of us wouldn't know the difference of what's missing 

Yes it happens but if you are keen on somethig, for example, see how many complaints are out there for the 737 compared to PMDG.

In my case I'm totally happy with the 737,767,777 out there but for some is a chaos, so it is a matter of interest.

Someone who likes the city and know it might expect a more realistic stuff and if it is not ,what is wrong in asking for improvements?

Orbx will evaluate the possibilities of doing these, based of feeback or do you prefer that people don't say anything and don't buy becuase it is not what they expected? Or maybe think Orbx will do nothing.. No we can tell and they will reconsider.

The product is fine, and we're greatful, but it has chances to improve and become a better selling I would say

I hope to make a video soon :)

Chees

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, carlosqr said:

The product is fine, and we're greatful, but it has chances to improve and become a better selling I would say

I hope to make a video soon :)

Chees

Carlos

Carlos - I can't disagree with anything you say - and I - for one  - is constantly complaining about the MS treatment of my own city and airport - 

as I mentioned

My reaction was purely of  - one of - "off the top" - of a person saying something that  - to me - smacked of ungrateful acceptance - of something

produced - at great an effort that uses 4.3 Gigs of info - way ahead of most productions - and at such a low cost.

The reaction was helped by the Canal itself - a feat of Engineering - so many years ago - and acting as an educational tool to many of us - who will no doubt

- as I will - take the flight from one end to the other - that I might never have done - but for this addon - similarly - as to one around - Dubaii -

places I have never been to  - and now Orbx has given me the chance - for a one off -  $10

Good luck with your video - and hope it is as good as your dreamy first one - and just FYI -  I also grabbed it as soon as I got the email - not surprising

considering all that I had said earlier in the thread  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Carlos - I can't disagree with anything you say - and I - for one  - is constantly complaining about the MS treatment of my own city and airport - 

as I mentioned

My reaction was purely of  - one of - "off the top" - of a person saying something that  - to me - smacked of ungrateful acceptance - of something

produced - at great an effort that uses 4.3 Gigs of info - way ahead of most productions - and at such a low cost.

The reaction was helped by the Canal itself - a feat of Engineering - so many years ago - and acting as an educational tool to many of us - who will no doubt

- as I will - take the flight from one end to the other - that I might never have done - but for this addon - similarly - as to one around - Dubaii -

places I have never been to  - and now Orbx has given me the chance - for a one off -  $10

Good luck with your video - and hope it is as good as your dreamy first one - and just FYI -  I also grabbed it as soon as I got the email - not surprising

considering all that I had said earlier in the thread  

Hi John

Thank you for your comment it is all clear :) I understand your point and thank you for your good wishes.

Have a great evening down under

Cheers

Carlos

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Is this beautiful city add-on compatible with V Pilot Designs MPTO available at the MS Marketplace?

Hi Jose

I have their free version and it is, so I would say the payware is too.

I just asked Gabriel on the messenger (one of the developers based here in CR) for reconfirmation, if you don't mind waiting, as soon as he replies I'll let you know

You might be lucky and someone who has it might confirm right now.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Jose

I have their free version and it is, so I would say the payware is too.

I just asked Gabriel on the messenger (one of the developers based here in CR) for reconfirmation, if you don't mind waiting, as soon as he replies I'll let you know

You might be lucky and someone who has it might confirm right now.

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks brother. Which freeware do you have?

The payware version has additional city lighting and boats. I just don't want any conflicts.

13 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Thanks brother. Which freeware do you have?

The payware version has additional city lighting and boats. I just don't want any conflicts.

Hi Jose

I have the freeware he once uploaded to Flightsim.to as aka506

When he became partner with the Colombian guy they made V pilot and then they upgraded Tocumen and the freeone was removed from Flightsim.to

He recently replied saying that he hasn't test it yet but he believes there should be no conflict

I believe in time we'll see an official confirmation.

As I have the freeware one and it looks pretty acceptable for me I'll wait until the payware one is discounted mainly because I hate the market place and some developers like Simulación Extrema decided to sell only in the market place, unortunately.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Jose

I have the freeware he once uploaded to Flightsim.to as aka506

When he became partner with the Colombian guy they made V pilot and then they upgraded Tocumen and the freeone was removed from Flightsim.to

He recently replied saying that he hasn't test it yet but he believes there should be no conflict

I believe in time we'll see an official confirmation.

As I have the freeware one and it looks pretty acceptable for me I'll wait until the payware one is discounted mainly because I hate the market place and some developers like Simulación Extrema decided to sell only in the market place, unortunately.

Cheers

Carlos

Interesting. I downloaded all his airports from flightsim.to. He's very talented. I also have his payware KHPN and I really like it.

• Like 1