Does Orbx Global Scenery work with P3Dv5?

Zylx

Hi, I'm new to P3D, I only bought it a few days ago and I just wanted to know if the Global Scenery packs like Base, Vectors and the openLC packs are compatible with P3Dv5?  I already own many of them for FSX.  Also, is it possible to use the scenery for both FSX and P3D at the same time?  I appreciate any help, thanks.

Great, thanks for the reply.  I have some questions about installation, it's been quite a while since I installed this stuff.  I see in the Orbx Central app, when I click on one of the packs I own, it shows the directory where it's installed which is currently the FSX folder but I'm not seeing any options on the app's interface where I can install it somewhere else as well.  I'm confused on how to do that.  I've always used the Orbx Central app to install everything, if there is another method I do not know how.  I would appreciate if you could point me to some instructions if there is any or if you could give me some tips on how.

Hello,

Orbx Central detects each simulator and then offers installation options that are compatible with that simulator.

The only one compatible with FSX is to install into the FSX folder, so there is no other option.

P3D v4 and v5 however have the option to install into an Orbx Central Library but you will not see that unless you

choose the P3D option from the drop-down simulator list.

You will not see that until P3D has been installed and run at least once.

Ahh, that's what I was missing, I didn't notice the drop down menu at the top of the screen before.  Think I have it figured out now.

I also have a question regarding Vectors for FSX.  I can't get the FTX Vector Configurator to run.  Every time I try, it says it can't open because I have no simulator installed.  Makes no sense because it is showing it's installed in the FSX folder and I can tell it's working when I run FSX, I can see the difference in the scenery.  Should I try reinstalling it? I'm not sure what else to do.