Snow ground textures ?

Sotiris

P3D shows snow-covered ground throughout winter from N40° latitude and up almost with any wx conditions.

In places lower than N40° latitude, when snowing, there is not a chance to cover ground with snow textures ?

Am I the only one to notice that ? Don't think so.

45 minutes ago, Sotiris said:

P3D shows snow-covered ground throughout winter from N40° latitude and up almost with any wx conditions.

In places lower than N40° latitude, when snowing, there is not a chance to cover ground with snow textures ?

Am I the only one to notice that ? Don't think so.

P3D weather is always a compromise.  The advice is generally to try to set a date where the snow cover you desire is displayed, and if you can't get snow cover automatically generated it may be necessary to manually set the weather.

I can imagine that at latitudes lower than 40 degrees, there wouldn't be much expectation of snow covering the ground, certainly I wouldn't expect to see snow settling below about 45 degrees, and regular annual snow cover closer to 50 degrees (exdept at higher altitudes of course).

Hello,

applying falling snow appears to turn the ground white even at say Mombasa.

It doesn't seem to appear tile by tile anymore, rather it turns the whole area white.

I would question any weather generation software that would apply snow

to an airport next to the equator.