GES: Disable Frankfurt City Buildings

Hi there,

there is no separate placement file for the custom objects in Frankfurt, they are all in a couple of _PLC_ files in \FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Your options are to exclude them individually with a tool like ADE or SBuilderX, or, if you know how to do it, decompile the placement file and remove the Frankfurt buildings before recompiling. The latter approach would be pretty tedious though as the xml files work with GUID codes rather than object names. 

Cheers, Holger 

• Thanks 2

On 1/23/2022 at 1:03 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

EDDF would be the airport, maybe try doing a search using the word "Frankfurt"? I am sure it would involve many default P3D files.

I thought of that ;D It was the only things I could disable, because there is nothing to be found for "frank*"

15 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

there is no separate placement file for the custom objects in Frankfurt, they are all in a couple of _PLC_ files in \FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Your options are to exclude them individually with a tool like ADE or SBuilderX, or, if you know how to do it, decompile the placement file and remove the Frankfurt buildings before recompiling. The latter approach would be pretty tedious though as the xml files work with GUID codes rather than object names. 

Great Tip, that helped - thanks :)

I did not edit the PLC File(s), but one of their Names "GES_POI_PLC_OBX" brought my Attention to various Library Files. I've edited them with MCX, deleted every Building/Object for Frankfurt. Now the Skyline is clean without any double or "orange" Buildings. For other Users, the Files are:

GES_POI_Library01.BGL
GES_POI_Library02.BGL
FTX_GES_Library_LS.BGL

All located in ...\EU Germany South\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery

For the Objects/Buildings: everything except "Maintower" is prefixed with frankfurt.

• Thanks 1