Orbx and X Box - again

John Heaton

On the basis of - " any topic related to Orbx's products or plans" 

I have just received another email detailing New items to add to the list of Orbx products for the X Box -

nothing in the 4 forum announcement sections above.

I think that includes around 6/7 that I already own via Orbx Central - including my favourite airport - Brisbane - 

the Optica aircraft - and a number of others

I would just love to fly the Optica from Brissy - and London Airport and City - and around Singapore and use

the approximate $A 70/80 - that I have already spent on such a PC trip in HD ---also in my X Box 4K HDR where

I have a free - cross "pollinated" MS2020 - and where Australia will be in all its glory after Jan 31

@Anna

Has the question been resolved yet  - as to cross pollination of ownership ?? - because it surely looks as if

we have to purchase an item twice if we want to use it in PC - AND - X box - and what is the extra license if we wish

to purchase for another use offered  - in the E mail ------ - X Box ??

@eaglefire 

How's it going mate ? -  with your x box after3 month - -  bought any Orbx yet - that you had a license for in PC??

such a shame this can't be sorted but I guess it's more a problem with the MS side of things, my Xbox purchases have been limited to a couple of planes and an Aerosoft scenery, so mostly default, however it's only purpose is for when I am down at the caravan, and as a JF tester all that is currently done on the PC so most hours spent there... as much as I love all my Orbx products I won't be doing a double purchase just to get them on Xbox, I don't mind the fact I bought a product for MSFS and then got a discount for XP11 and paid that, I guess maybe if we had a true insight into how much work is required to convert to Xbox maybe we could understand more...

• Like 1

Hi JH @John Heaton,

the Xbox has been a great experience, with all its capabilities,

it works well on good 4K HDR HDMI 2.1 Samsung TV with MFS,

I mainly use Xbox MFS vanilla (which includes all official World Updates) & sure looking forward to this month's Australian WU...

however, I have purchased again for Xbox, Orbx NZ & Alaskan Mesh, plus Orbx Dubai - which had already purchased PC versions - so $paid twice...

this is because I use the Steam version of MFS for PC - so had to repurchase the Orbx Xbox products from MFS Marketplace,

for this reason, I will be purchasing only a very few Orbx Xbox MFS products...

only @Ed Correia would be able to explain if there was any workaround to the doubling of purchases, in this situation...

(I know Anna mentioned that there would be an automatic licence granted - but without fully realising that this would only apply to MFS Marketplace purchases)

JH, like yourself, it was good to get an Orbx marketing email about Xbox specific products...

I will of course be purchasing (which means twice overall) all of the Orbx Meshes when they become available for Xbox...

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Cicognani said:

Microsoft does not allow us to access anything Xbox, so we cannot link Orbx Central to it, unfortunately. I cannot see that changing any time soon....

Cheers.

Many thanks to you Anna - for the reply - which we all think that may be the case - and which in my opinion  - is MS's loss due to the 

performance increase of the sim with the community install system - used by a number of 3rd party suppliers and the huge success of

the freeware provided on Flightsim.to and the FBW guys.

As Wain points out - the change from PC to X box raises untoward problems for all developers - (PMDG DC -6)  moving to a different system --

and may not be as economic to try to participate in that market  - unless via a compromise monetary situation

So --- that leaves people like me - who hoped for a Orbx quality led X Box - to recast my plan for the super model of x box - ie series X

which I cant get my hands on anyway - and it was this method that I had hoped to be able to use 4K HDR monitor - since my PC cannot reach

the power necessary - and I can't afford the PC upgrade $s - to get it

With the report that Craig gave us - as to the benefit of a vanilla Sim - and my large investment in Orbx  - JF - etc and PC hardware for the sim

- leads me to this decision -- continue with PC - and give up on the Series X and - and because I can get the S series for $A 250 and the new Turtle beach hardware

for $A450 - for less than the price of a Series X. I will still have the advantage of all my current sim on one PC -  and and a visual upgrade to and upscaled 4K

on the x box using default scenery - plus the odd simple Orbx cityscapes etc  - which leaves  - Anna - if you are still with me - another question ?? 

What are the chances - for a reverse situation - IE - we purchase an Orbx product (not previously purchased for PC) via the marketplace X box

what are the chances of a "discount" -or freebie:rolleyes: - if one was to purchase the same item afterwards  -- for the PC.

you would know of  - course - that such a sale had taken place in the marketplace - assuming that you have such a product for the PC ??

Being even more mercenary - (I'm only a poor OA pensioner;) ) - ie  - a discount in excess  of my "Senior's" 20%:D

• Like 1

thank you Anna @Anna Cicognani for your clear statement,

I must emphasise - that it is encouraging to see the Orbx development for Xbox - it has a 20 year IRL heritage,

the Series X is a great piece of kit - really designed for the very latest Smart TVs to extract maximum performance…

& there are occasional sales on the Xbox Marketplace - plus 5 star rated Orbx addons will also be considered…

& remain happy with all my MFS Orbx Central PC purchases - these HQ addons have a technical superiority & push the boundaries of MFS…

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Many thanks to you Anna - for the reply - which we all think that may be the case - and which in my opinion  - is MS's loss due to the 

performance increase of the sim with the community install system - used by a number of 3rd party suppliers and the huge success of

the freeware provided on Flightsim.to and the FBW guys.

As Wain points out - the change from PC to X box raises untoward problems for all developers - (PMDG DC -6)  moving to a different system --

and may not be as economic to try to participate in that market  - unless via a compromise monetary situation

So --- that leaves people like me - who hoped for a Orbx quality led X Box - to recast my plan for the super model of x box - ie series X

which I cant get my hands on anyway - and it was this method that I had hoped to be able to use 4K HDR monitor - since my PC cannot reach

the power necessary - and I can't afford the PC upgrade $s - to get it

With the report that Craig gave us - as to the benefit of a vanilla Sim - and my large investment in Orbx  - JF - etc and PC hardware for the sim

- leads me to this decision -- continue with PC - and give up on the Series X and - and because I can get the S series for $A 250 and the new Turtle beach hardware

for $A450 - for less than the price of a Series X. I will still have the advantage of all my current sim on one PC -  and and a visual upgrade to and upscaled 4K

on the x box using default scenery - plus the odd simple Orbx cityscapes etc  - which leaves  - Anna - if you are still with me - another question ?? 

What are the chances - for a reverse situation - IE - we purchase an Orbx product (not previously purchased for PC) via the marketplace X box

what are the chances of a "discount" -or freebie:rolleyes: - if one was to purchase the same item afterwards  -- for the PC.

you would know of  - course - that such a sale had taken place in the marketplace - assuming that you have such a product for the PC ??

Being even more mercenary - (I'm only a poor OA pensioner;) ) - ie  - a discount in excess  of my "Senior's" 20%:D

We could look at this on a case by case basis though it is a very manual process and it could become quite hard to match all purchases. If you want us to look into it, do you want to email support@orbxsystems.com and mention this conversation please? Cheers!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Anna Cicognani said:

We could look at this on a case by case basis though it is a very manual process and it could become quite hard to match all purchases. If you want us to look into it, do you want to email support@orbxsystems.com and mention this conversation please? Cheers!

Thanks Anna - it was very much a tongue in cheek afterthought  - it was really a question that others might like an answer toB)

The last thing I want to do is create more work for your team and personally - I will rely upon my 20% and the numerous sales - Why Change ??

Now really looking forward to Jan 31 and a play with Smithy's baby and the new Australia - on video/paper that is - we already have a great country 

in AV2/current MS -   and any advance on that will be a bonus -- Gold Coast  City Scape would be Nice :) 

10 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Being even more mercenary - (I'm only a poor OA pensioner;) ) - ie  - a discount in excess  of my "Senior

I was under the impression that whatever I buy in XBOX marketplace gets added if there is one available on the PC automatically, but it doesn't get added to Orbx Central, for example I bought a Carenado plane in Xbox, next time I launched the PC version of MSFS there it was ready to be downloaded, likewise I bought an Aerosoft airport in PC Marketplace, when I fired up the Xbox there is was to be downloaded....so if I understand this correctly, I am therefore better buying my Orbx stuff via marketplace in sim fi they are both available for PC & Xbox and it then gets put into both versions, all I lose is the ability to use Central....

if I am understanding this wrong then please feel free to correct me...

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

was under the impression that whatever I buy in XBOX marketplace gets added if there is one available on the PC automatically

it even becomes more complicated than that, I believe,

purchased the official basic Reno pack on Xbox Marketplace - & it has not been made available on my PC Steam MFS version - even though my gamertag is exactly the same,

go figure…

3 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

it even becomes more complicated than that, I believe,

purchased the official basic Reno pack on Xbox Marketplace - & it has not been made available on my PC Steam MFS version - even though my gamertag is exactly the same,

go figure…

Since I started this with my questions - maybe I should try to summarise Anna's answers - as I understand her

1 ----All items needed for X box  - a different animal to PC - can only be purchased from MS Marketplace !

2 ----All items purchased from MS Marketplace - will be for X Box  - and can probably be used on PC 

------(but check the symbols shown) 

3 --- anything you buy on Orbx Central - cannot be used on The X Box - only PC

- ----unless - (which appears unlikely) - MS  - and ALL 3rd parties - can find a way around this

4 ---- @craigeaglefire I think you find that Steam is considered a 3rd party - and all 3rd parties 

are identical to the situation that faces Orbx - and can still provide X box Software for 2020 --

------ but only through MS Marketplace - exclusive

Personally - I worked all this out sometime ago when we asked the question before -and at that time - I said that i would 

not be buying any more from 3rd parties -- but then Orbx came up with Sydney - Brisbane Cityscapes and a raft of stuff at 

1/2 price --- and JF and FI coming up with the Hawk and Lightning - I just couldnt resist - ouch !!:D

• Upvote 1