Cairns, a little city tour

As I had a helicopter at hand from my last flight, I just made a little detour southwards of the airport. Starting at the parking lots and rental car stations...

jNY9rRs.thumb.jpg.2a789d86b60a9e229bbbf335108329d2.jpg

... towards the harbour...

n8Un6X1.thumb.jpg.740643297aef18d4c221fd5cd26dba1a.jpg

Gor7QoH.thumb.jpg.22ba70afe4f8cc4ef4df07c8013d81ce.jpg

... and to the lagoon, which serves as a croc- & yellyfish-free swimming ground.

W5mdjXW.thumb.jpg.380db8ea5794633ebb7d3b2233282e44.jpg

YqQDjGO.thumb.jpg.accda8e894e0f1a58e609df2e5ab8d4c.jpg

And nature´s beauty is still there.

PKSyacW.thumb.jpg.44dea02f828cd5d37b9824846626eb09.jpg

• Like 6

Nice shots Gerold, the majority of my Australia flights in P3D were either in or out of Cairns

37 minutes ago, BradB said:

Orbx team if you are listening , Cairns would be a massive hit along side the new World Update for OZ next month

Completely agree, I love flying round Oz and there's a few bigger airports we still need Orbx (or partner) renditions of

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great stuff out of Cairns Gerold. That surely is one of my favorite Orbx locations and I would love to see more of it for MSFS. You got me all excited to see a pic of crocs in the water with the swimmers, but now I feel disappointed :D

Landon

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BradB said:

It’s nice how you mixed some MSFS sim shots in also Gerold . B):P:D

Orbx team if you are listening , Cairns would be a massive hit along side the new World Update for OZ next month . 

Thank you John. I used a very expensive MSFS version, but needed no internet connection!

20 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Nice shots Gerold, the majority of my Australia flights in P3D were either in or out of Cairns

Thanks Joe, Cairns IS a very nice base for virtual (and, lesser used) real travels around the northeast.

17 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots / pics there Gerold...

Thank you Wayne!

17 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great comparison shots, as always Gerold! The good thing is, although we still cannot travel there, we luckily have our memories and photos/videos :)

Oh yes bernd, lots of travels on the memory lane... and I hope we can get back to dreaming of future travels, too.

15 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shot Gerold.  Specially like that third one look like a real photo.

I did my very best, John, and waited really long until the sim had loaded all fine details into pictures 3 and 5.

15 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Very nice.  Intersting mix.

Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Oh how I love your real life shots mixed in with your virtual shots Gerold. Great set mate!

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. Just like I like preparing these mixes!

8 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Great stuff out of Cairns Gerold. That surely is one of my favorite Orbx locations and I would love to see more of it for MSFS. You got me all excited to see a pic of crocs in the water with the swimmers, but now I feel disappointed :D

Landon

I tried to find a good pic of crocs in the water with the swimmers, but for some reason either the water was red or I saw only the crocs. There may be a reason why they put these signs here...

DhfDWJX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

There may be a reason why they put these signs here...

True Gerold...because....we all know that EVERYONE always obeys all posted signs ;) :D

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, adambar said:

Splendid mixture of shots Gerold! :)  Great flotation devices in that last shot. :D

Thank you Adam. These are the details we all like in the scenery packages.

10 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

True Gerold...because....we all know that EVERYONE always obeys all posted signs ;) :D

For sure, Landon... Though: In this case also the potential penalties are powerful enough to make most people recognize the signs 8):D!