NZGS crashing to desktop in P3Dv5.3 HF1

I've been through most of my Orbx airfields with this version of the sim with pleasing results. Having got to New Zealand the same is true, bar one.  This is Gisborne, which unfailingly crashes to desktop as soon as I try loading it.  If it lasts more than a second, it displays "loading objects" just long enough to read. The other Orbx NZ airfields are fine, as are those I have from other developers.

I have tried verifying and reinstalling to no effect - both, apparently, complete successfully. I have checked that crash detection is disabled and have tried disabling the NZ North Island version of the airfield, again to no effect.  I cannot see anything wrong in the scenery folders, or in the xml. I'm running out of ideas.

Is anyone else seeing this, or able to offer any suggestions I could try?

Thanks,

Charles

Hi Doug,

Thanks for getting back so promptly. I had, indeed, left the P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting option checked. Sadly, trying to load with it unchecked, the Simulator still crashes as soon as loading objects is displayed.

Good thought, though. I haven’t checked if the crash occurs without the addon airfield, just using the NZ North version - unlikely, but should be eliminated.

Charles

Good morning Doug,

I have tried again this morning, with dynamic lights and all grass options unchecked, and have verified that the appropriate bgls are amended to bgl.off.

The loading bar now gets to 2%, still indicating loading objects, and sim still crashes. Something my end doesn't like the early stages of loading this particular airfield. Works fine in my P3Dv4 setup. Not an easy one, this. Is there any pattern to which objects load early?

Charles

Hi Doug,

Had a bit of time on a wet afternoon and managed to find the single bgl file that is causing the problem my end. It is plc_legacy.bgl. Just disabling this file allows me to load with grasses enabled, but with dynamic lights unchecked, much as you see.  I am guessing it's a placement file for some legacy objects. I must be missing some of these, but the bulk of the scenery is there and looking very fine.:)

Hope this will be of some help to Finni.

Charles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1