Australia delayed

John Heaton

latest blog from MS shows that we who live Down Under will have to wait a few days more

to see what MS has made about the update to our country - and for us to see Smithy's Fokker - :o

made by Orbx - of course !!

Jan 31 – Feb 04 

Trailer – World Update 7 (Jan 31) 

Trailer – Local Legend 1: Fokker FVII (Jan 31) 

Local Legend 1: Fokker FVII (Jan 31) 

World Update 7 (Jan 31) 

Fokker.JPG

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, boetie said:

Not long to go John, although I know you will be sad to see Bing depart.

Cheers

Graeme :)

You could be right mate - this is a quote from MS back in Nov. -- and the latest Bing Sat is right up to date - even has mon repos

World Update VII will focus on Australia, with all-new photogrammetry, detailed aerial imagery and of course new hand-crafted objects and scenery. 

1 hour ago, BradB said:

My expectation is much better than P3D , just my 2 cents .

In my opinion I feel that is unfair comparison...MSFS 2020 will always be better scenery wise out of the box due to using Bing/Google maps.

Dave

• Like 1

Australia will look hardly any different across most of the country, because MSFS doesn't need a True Earth product for photo scenery. 

There will be some cityscape improvements and I imagine some airports, and of course some of the more iconic tourist attractions. 

I'm hoping the joke that passes for an airport tetminal at Canberra will see at least a little bit of love. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Australia will look hardly any different across most of the country, because MSFS doesn't need a True Earth product for photo scenery. 

There will be some cityscape improvements and I imagine some airports, and of course some of the more iconic tourist attractions. 

I'm hoping the joke that passes for an airport tetminal at Canberra will see at least a little bit of love. 

And hopefully we can finally see @John Heaton 's house.

Sorry John, I couldn't resist. :ph34r::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

All I really want to see is a faithful rendition of the Bungle Bungles - I still have an old bit of a WAC chart that was given to visiting pilots with tracks & distances so a pilot could plan a really neat trip from Kunnanura via Argyle Mines to the Bungles

• Like 1

Ah  - looking round my old Nav bag I actually found the map - it was put out by a mob called Kimberly Air Charter - promo material on the back & a heap of senic routes based from Kununarra - see what sorta junk you accumulate over the years.

If the Bungles are accurately moddeled I hope that the western escarpment has the pinnacle that we used to fly between it & the escarpment at low level - completly against the rules when we used to do round Australia safaries in Navajos - great fun for all

3 hours ago, Rattso said:

Ah  - looking round my old Nav bag I actually found the map - it was put out by a mob called Kimberly Air Charter - promo material on the back & a heap of senic routes based from Kununarra - see what sorta junk you accumulate over the years.

If the Bungles are accurately moddeled I hope that the western escarpment has the pinnacle that we used to fly between it & the escarpment at low level - completly against the rules when we used to do round Australia safaries in Navajos - great fun for all

Maybe you should tell the folks about our famous rocks - well ! - famous to we Aussies who await the 31st :rolleyes:

https://www.australiasnorthwest.com/explore/kimberley/bungle-bungle

• Like 1

in April Orbx showed some finished-looking screenshots of Landmark Melbourne City in their Roadmap 2021, yet it hasn't been published yet. I suspect I will see it in the next World Upgrade.

P.S.: AC/DC and Midnight Oil are the best exports, give'em to us and keep your Vegiemite to yourselves. >:D

P.S.S.: AC/DC on the streets of Melbourne Dec, 1975. I rest my case...

Edited by Vora
PPS
  • Like 1

Hiya

A close friend of mine help rebuild the plane at Parafield YPPF in Adelaide. Here are a couple pf photos he took at the time, this is before the undercarraige leg dropped due to the safety pin.

Enjoy

Ken

file14 (52).jpg

file14 (63).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here is one more where you can see the frame of the plane, mate posing did all the welding of the frame. The plane definitely had character and trying to keep the design as close to the original led to its demise. The under carriage was held in place by a locking pin, newer craft had a safety line attached in case the undercarriage dropped but to keep it as close to the original the safety line was not added. If you  ever see the video of the crash you will notice that the leg literally just dropped off the plane and this is said to be why. 

file14 (47).jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, Krono said:

If you  ever see the video of the crash you will notice that the leg literally just dropped off the plane and this is said to be why. 

I had never seen the video before, but thanks to your post I looked it up.  Wow, it literally did just drop off.  Great flying to more or less overcome that.

https://www.facebook.com/WINNewsIllawarra/videos/sir-charles-kingsford-smiths-aircraft/1864605216956552/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1