Trees visible through fog

kmax59

Hello there,

I'm surprised nobody reported this yet but an annoying issue with trees appeared with v5.3: trees edge are visible through fog when sky is directly behind trees (please see attached picture).

This seems to be linked to this issue: 

I've been able to solve both issues by editing the material of the trees with MCX as a test and used the same parameters as default P3D trees (that were updated).

The required parameters are these:

Destination blend=zero
Source blend=one

It seems to add a bit of shimering but it's definitely better, than seeing trees that are 5km away through fog.
If any developer could look at this it would be great, fixing the model is quite quick using batch convert.

Thanks by advance !

2022-1-5_23-31-16-513.png

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 1

At this time of year I doubt it's a priority item.  Particularly as it is something that appears to have originated in an update by LM. 

Fixing problems like this is not just a matter of running the batch and then uploading the files to Orbx Central.  As is the case in any computer environment, fixes have to be tested under multiple scenarios and users, and if there are multiple fixes they all need to be combined in a patch.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, John Dow said:

At this time of year I doubt it's a priority item.  Particularly as it is something that appears to have originated in an update by LM. 

Fixing problems like this is not just a matter of running the batch and then uploading the files to Orbx Central.  As is the case in any computer environment, fixes have to be tested under multiple scenarios and users, and if there are multiple fixes they all need to be combined in a patch.

Hi there,

As a dev I am aware of this and of course it's not just a matter of making the fix. I just wanted to get some feedback from someone who worked on this, if there could be any downside and if a fix will be looked at.

• Like 1

Bonjour Maxime,

i have the same problem on my end. Could you give me a deeper look what MCX is?

I think we are more and more dependent on helping ourselves with P3D.

Merci beaucoup,

Steffen

Edited by Whenmaker
Typo...

On 1/12/2022 at 8:16 AM, Whenmaker said:

Bonjour Maxime,

i have the same problem on my end. Could you give me a deeper look what MCX is?

I think we are more and more dependent on helping ourselves with P3D.

Merci beaucoup,

Steffen

Bonjour Steffen,

MCX is for ModelConverterX, with this tool you can change the material properties of a 3D model (and do many other things) but normally you should not modify Orbx files, it was just for test purposes and confirm the theory.

• Like 1