Help with a new installation

ubique

Hi All.

I'm 75 years old and a bit out of touch, and want to start flying again with XP11. I have downloaded the Steam version and I am awaiting the arrival of a 1TB ssd. I intend to fly only in the UK

I have all the Orbx  UK True Earth scenery and many of the Orbx UK airports from my previous time flying. Any advise or tips that would help me with getting everything loaded correctly on the new ssd would be much appreciated.

For example. Would it be better to install all the Orbx scenery directly in to XPlane or create a new Orbx library on the ssd and place it there as, if I understand it correctly, it would be automatically symbolic linked to Xplane.

Many thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Yes you are correct, you can install Orbx to any location on any drive and it will be automatically symbolic linked to xplane.

In the Orbx central application, go to settings on the top right, then select libraries on the left menu.  From there you can create a library with the location on your new drive.  Then when you go to install a product, you can choose the library and it will store it there and link everything automatically.

• Thanks 1