PBR updates for P3D?

Hello,

on a personal note, I cannot see a connection between MSFS sales and redeveloping Orbx airports to have sloping runways.

Unless I have misunderstood, P3D does not enable sloping runways, it only allows AI to be compatible with them.

The airport developer still has to completely redevelop the product on a model to allow a sloping runway.

I realise that as an expert in P3D , you may correct my personal observation?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response.  Sloped runways is just one aspect being supported (pull to ground support), PBR and Dynamic Lights is probably the more important aspect since both respond to lighting and provide for a better visual experience.

The connect to increased MSFS sales is that more revenue and the ability to hire/contract more resources that aren't devoted entirely to MSFS.  But if updating (not redeveloping) existing Orbx products to PBR and/or DL and/or sloped runways is not being done due to costs, hence my connect to using "some" of MSFS revenue stream to support P3D updates which is one of the platforms that helped sustain Orbx over the years so as to be able to get to the point of providing MSFS airports/scenery.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob Ainscough
  • Thanks 1

Whether or not I liked his responses, we always used to see a clear steer or direction regarding these things from JV in the past.  It would be nice to see someone from the senior exec team give a bit of feedback about whether or not we might see some updates to P3D products as per robs query please? :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi Rob,

I maximally agree with what you described ...!
I think Nick understands ...
For my part, I also spent a lot on Orbx products, P3DVxxx
Sure, now MSFS is the "good deal" ... and no longer the P3DV 5.2 I use for example.
MSFS is very nice!
Beautiful!
But it's well known that airplanes, they're not very "lifelike", so well, "game" ... isn't really a simulator ...
For my part, I use a built-in cockpit, a pretty sophisticated one.
With ProSim737 software.
As long as the interaction between MSFS and ProSim is not completely professional, I will stay with P3Dv5.2, possibly later, 5.3
And, there are still many of us who would be happy to update the airports that have already been released. Both in terms of content and technology ...
A little, I feel like you bought it, yours, use it, "hi."
I think maybe Orbx could think about that, too ...

Rob and Nick! Greetings to you!
Peter

Szimulátor a szobába3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...