Land instead of water in certain areas

Hello,

since a few weeks I have the issue that in certain areas like Ireland or the east coast of Australia there is no water but flat land behind the coasts with a few trees on it sometimes.

I already did a lot of troubleshooting and reading other threads but can't find the reason for it.

(Picture 1 & 2 is around Ireland/Wales, picture 3 & 4 is at the Australian east-coast:)

GB_TopDown.thumb.png.3463f4b155c2c4692efac5c8108b09d2.png

GB_Coastline.thumb.png.96e4c4e96817c42f71bb01dd4d4b2af6.png

AU_TopDown.thumb.png.6221ccc4a3dd651624670bffd2e193e5.png

AU_Coastline.thumb.png.60b54db50bf56c57856c7a91fb8ab445.png

• Orbx products which are currently installed (no airports):

- Orbx Libraries

- Orbx ObjectFlow

- Global BASE Pack

- Global Vector

- Global Buildings HD

- Global Trees HD

- Global TerraFlora v2

- openLC Africa Mesh and Photoreal

- openLC Mesh South America

- openLC Africa

- openLC Europe

- openLC North America

- openLC South America

- TE Netherlands HD

- EU England

- EU Germany North

- EU Germany South

- EU Ireland

- EU Northern Ireland

- EU Norway

- EU Scotland

- EU Wales

- NA Central Rockies

- NA Northern California

- NA Northern Rockies

- NA Pacific Fjords

- NA Pacific Northwest

- NA Southern Alaska

- NA Southern California

- NZ North Island

- NZ South Island

- AU Australia V2

- Cityscape Canberra

- CityScene Gold Coast

All Orbx products are installed outside in an external library.

• What I already tried:

- Deleted 'terrain.cfg' and let the simulator rebuild a new one

- 'Verify files' for each product and 'Sync Simulator' many times

- completely disabled Vector to test if it's gone, but no luck

- completely disabled Black Marble, but no luck

- changed scenery library order of Vector and some other elements

- cleared the scenery index a few times

My whole scenery is installed per add-on.xml method in Documents directory.

Before the issue came up everything worked fine a few weeks ago, I don't know what changed.

I'm currently on P3D v5.3.12.28072.

Below you can see Lorby Addon-Organizer and my FTX Global settings:

Lorby_SceneryOrder.thumb.png.dd8b6198ad2c516baf008412b9255134.png

FTX_Settings.thumb.png.0f04e085e3f20f5699fca7116c6730a6.png

Maybe someone got another idea what I can try to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Adrian :)

Hi Adrian

I suspect it is the Lorby Tool that has allowed you to create your issue.

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

• Like 1

Thanks

I see the Lorby tool has allowed you to install all your Orbx Products into the C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ file structure where they are not meant to be.

I do not use the Lorby tool so I am not able to advise much further, but I believe that it also allows one to alter the scenery layering\loading priority of all the .xml installed items, which also has the potential to cause problems.

Vector, for example is required to be installed and left exactly where and how Orbx Central installs it for it to work properly.

We have also found that Orbx items installed to the C:\Users\ file structure are often victims of Windows permissions issues. So possibly a recent Windows update has made the difference?

Everything would work much better if your Orbx products were installed and managed without the interference of another addon program.

• Like 1

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I see the Lorby tool has allowed you to install all your Orbx Products into the C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ file structure where they are not meant to be.

Actually the Orbx files are within C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\Orbx\Libraries\p3dv5\.... I set this as my default library in Orbx Central when I installed the products. So the Vector files themselves are actually inside the Library "p3dv5".

In C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\... are only the add-on.xml text files which pointing to the library. So I only moved the add-on.xml files of Orbx products to my Documents Add-Ons folder.

I will try to move them back inside the library to check if it works. But I'm quite sure I already had my configuration like this when the issue was not present yet.

I will also check the permission settings of the directories.

Kind Regards

Adrian

Edited by 5a_49_4f_4e

Ok, again I did a lot of research and testing yesterday and finally found out the problem was indeed my 'terrain.cfg'. But it didn't help to simply delete it and let the sim rebuild the file.

I saw that in a backup file called 'terrain.cfg.backup-Orbx' (in the same folder as the original 'terrain.cfg') were a lot more entries and lines than in my actual file which the sim used all the time. So I simply deleted my original file and renamed the backup to a normal 'terrain.cfg'-file.

That was the trick, now my coasts looking great again! :D

Thanks anyway!

Kind Regards

Adrian :)

• Thanks 1