No SODE Jetways

James8133

Good morning and Merry Christmas! I just bought Southern Alaska and PAJN for P3DV5. I downloaded Orbx Libraries too. When I launched P3D at PAJN I noticed that there was no SODE stands available. SODE does work at my other airports, how can I make it work for this scenery as well? '

Thanks,

James

Screenshot (46).png

1 hour ago, James8133 said:

Also, how can I fix the double PANC scenery?

Hi James,

I have the scenery installed in P3D v4 but am confident the same will happen in v5.

It looks like you have the Aerosoft airport below our Southern Alaska region in the scenery library.

It needs to have a higher priority to work correctly.

If you have not already done so in OC you can set an insertion point to ensure Orbx sceneries are placed below your other airports in the scenery library.

Edit - sorry, forgot to answer the GSX question. Just installing GSX won't help with the jetways I'm afraid.

The scenery was designed quite a while ago now (before Orbx started using SODE in it's sceneries) without animated jetways. The static jetways are part of the terminal model.

All the best,

John

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, James8133 said:

First question is, how can I move the scenery to where it doesn't have the issue?

In Orbx central go to settings and choose insertion point.

You will then get a drop down box showing your non-Orbx sceneries.

Select the lowest of your addon airports. Probably the one above Randolph_AFB which is part of the P3Dv5 default scenery. I don't have Anchorage installed in v5 - in my case it was Fly Tampa Las Vegas I would choose.

OC will then install your Orbx scenery below that entry in the scenery library.

966165735_Insertionpoint.thumb.jpg.d909ee2345dc1e421c411a1cbcda8bf0.jpg

As far as PAKT is concerned, the jetway is static.

From what I remember the airport dates back to FSX when just getting the sloping terrain working so you could taxi on it was an achievement. I had a quick look and to do that the scenery actually uses 2 'fictional' runway starts for the parking positions and there is no actual 'afcad' taxiway network. Definitely no moving jetway I'm afraid.

Groundbreaking for it's time and still looks good!

All the best,

John

30 minutes ago, James8133 said:

Is this what you were  referring to? I clicked on the default Randolph_AFB in the scenery library.

That should work fine.

Generally you would click on the entry above the Ranolph_AFB but it shouldn't make any difference (as the wise man said - if it ain't broke don't fix it!).

Is Anchorage now working okay?

All the best,

John