Sydney bright blue evening textures and misplaced docks.

Gday first off great work on the Sydney release.

Excellent performance here so very impressed.

Two small ones.

Im getting a strange bright blue night textures kicking in on building sides to the east of Botany docks which is right to the east of YSSY.

here are two pics they come on with night lighting and seem to be an effects file.

I have verified files using the Orbx manager.

2021-12-23_15-2-42-683-X3.jpg

Secondly it appears the docks in the addon are popping in somehow in teh wrong location.

This is also visible in Rob Ainscoughs video as well they are covered with water textures and appears to be an Orbx issue but i am not 100% but i do not remember seeing this before with just the FT install alone. It may be a hangover from a conflict with FT's rendition but i am not certain but something has gone wrong.

2021-12-23_15-5-46-369-X4.jpg

I have not tried a reinstall but as mentioned have done a verify twice now and the blue texture/effect remans when night lighting turns on.

Should the Orbx Sydney be above or below the FT YSSY install in scenery priority?

Again great work on a super scenery addition a big thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind words Darren! I'm especially happy that it performes well for you.

3 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Should the Orbx Sydney be above or below the FT YSSY install in scenery priority?

Should be above.

3 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Im getting a strange bright blue night textures kicking in on building sides to the east of Botany docks

Weird indeed. Looks like missing LM textures. I cannot replicate it atm but will look into this.

6 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

I'm getting a strange bright blue night textures kicking in on building sides to the east of Botany docks which is right to the east of YSSY

Hi there,

Just to confirm I'm seeing the same and will investigate further.

I suspect something has changed between the last pre-release version and the actual released one (or at least that's what I seem to be seeing in v4).

EDIT - As far as I can see this just affects the FT compatibility option. I'll discuss with Frank.

The problem with the docks will be solved by, as Frank said, having the Cityscape at a higher priority than the FT airport..

All the best,

John

• Like 1

Thanks for your efforts. I'm not sure about others but I had two pods of this building anomaly. The one by the docks is good now. However, there is also a grouping by the refinery. Here is an image. 

quue7WN.jpg

Additionally, if Sydney City is placed above FT YSSY it eliminates many of the FT custom building models near the airport. The traditional method of the airport above the city would be preferred (the FT photo bgls off is fine). Can you work with the autogen (like what was done for the Florida airports and TE Florida), and a few buildings in the large CE file to provide a better solution? There is autogen placed on a fair amount of the FT custom housing and buildings currently. Happy to provide images...  It sure would be greatly appreciated. 

One more..., the elevation for the YRPA pad is set at 10000 meters. 

Sydney is a great product no doubt. Thanks for the release!

Edited by vbdad

Blue walls: This can be fixed quickly as it is the same wrong texture assignment as with the other building group (normal maps accidentally assigned as emissive textures, hence the blue glow).

The thing with the scenery order when YSSY was obtained directly via FT can also be solved. The cause is the different way of installation depending on where it was bought. As soon as I am back in the office after Christmas, I will try to offer a workaround until the problem can be solved with a hotfix.

YRPA helipad: Actually the helipads have been tested thoroughly but will look into this.

• Like 1