VRAM in Greater Sydney area - P3Dv5.3

Ian St

Could someone who has added the new Sydney Cityscape to existing Australia V2 & Fly Tampa Sydney please advise what your VRAM usage looks like? I don't use study level aircraft but only have a 6Gb GPU so need to be moderate in what I install.

cheers

Ian

18 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Ian

Yes my VRAM usage is 7GB out of 11GB, using the A2A 180 Cherokee.

Thanks Doug, is that after adding Sydney Cityscape? Any idea what it was before? I manage Australia v2 & Fly Tampa Sydney okay with my settings.

Ian

Edited by Ian St

6 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ian

Yes, that is after adding  Sydney Cityscape....before adding with the same settings and aircraft it was at 5.5GB used.

H'mm, I might need to hold off then. Thanks for your assistance Doug.

• Like 1

Here is a screenshot of YSSY, Sidney, top down.  I have Australia A2, Fly Tampa Sidney, and Sidney Cityscape installed.  With the Carenado EMB 120 sitting at gate 125 I get 7.7 Vram and System ram at 15.2.  With the sliders one step left of full right, air traffic at 40%, and road traffic at 16%  I get 20 fps.  There's a lot going on down there.

Screenshot-1401.png

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Difficult to know exactly what to suggest but here's my experience.

There is a CP option to use 2k textures for the city - using that and setting the texture resolution to medium in the sim (1024) I'm getting about 5GB out of 7.1 with the cityscape, AUv2 and Fly Tampa under circumstances where I'm getting about 4GB usage without the Cityscape (fair weather with the Bell Jetranger helicopter).

Setting texture resolution to High (2048) in the sim I'm getting about 5.5GB with the cityscape (but at times creeping towards 6).

I have an 8GB card and am using P3D v5.3.

All the best,

John

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Ian,

Difficult to know exactly what to suggest but here's my experience.

There is a CP option to use 2k textures for the city - using that and setting the texture resolution to medium in the sim (1024) I'm getting about 5GB out of 7.1 with the cityscape, AUv2 and Fly Tampa under circumstances where I'm getting about 4GB usage without the Cityscape (fair weather with the Bell Jetranger helicopter).

Setting texture resolution to High (2048) in the sim I'm getting about 5.5GB with the cityscape (but at times creeping towards 6).

I have an 8GB card and am using P3D v5.3.

All the best,

John

Thanks for the advice John, that 2K option may well work.

cheers

Ian

• Like 1