P3D V4 will not start sim after Sydney Cityscape install.

Dstevenb

Hello, I just bought the Sydney Cityscape for P3Dv4, and after I selected the aircraft and then either Sydney or Bankstown, the sim goes through the motions of starting then crashes after about 30 seconds.

FYI I have installed Honolulu and Canberra, and they never had any troubles.

Help please

Edited by Dstevenb
Additional info

Are you running any other add-ons, particularly traffic or airport scenery.  P3D will crash if there are any older models (from pre FSX I seem to remember) and some sceneries and traffic programs still have them, especially freeware.

That'd be the first place I'd look, starting by unticking all add on sceneries in your scenery or add-ons library locations and see if it still crashes.

OK I disabled the FlyTampa YSSY scenery (which I have had for a while now) and that seems to have solved the problem. But now the new problem is I no longer have the FlyTampa scenery. I thought these two were compatible with each other?

Oh and I saw my parents' house in Sydney, so that is way cool.

Any assistance on what I need to do now would be most welcome.

OK Success!!! Thanks to all for your quick and easy pointers. Turns out it was a serious case of "When all else fails, read the manual".

For those who may run into the same problem as I did, there is a setting in the Configuration folder in Orbx central, where you must select "FlyTampa" in order for the scenery to work correctly.

Prior to that I localized the problem to the FlyTampa scenery as I disabled it as described above in the scenery library (accessed inb the same menu where you select your aircraft, whether, timeo of day and airport. Once I figured the Sydney Cityscape was working properly, I then proceeded to "read the manual".

Did a test flight and the airport and the Sydney scenery (as confirmed by the North and South Head cliffs) were running as advertised.

It is quite incredible to see the house where I grew up in a flight simulation. Outstanding.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dstevenb said:

OK Update. I restarted the sim and loh and behold, it suddenly crashed upon loading Sydney YSSY. IT DOES NOT LIKE FLY TAMPA Sydney.

So does that mean I have to rebuy the Orbx version of YSSY, or is there a patch?

As far as I know there's no conflicts between Fly Tampa YSSY and the Sydney scenery, mind you I think all we Orbx testers would be using the version downloaded from Orbx Central so it may be there is something happening.  

However, in my experience the most common cause of P3DV4 crashes has been FS9 models somewhere that interfere with the scenery.  And random crashes when previously no crashes occurred are also a sign of a traffic plane model being generated in a flight plan somewhere that might not be scheduled every time you fly.

Do you have any traffic or shipping add-ons at all?

Hi and Happy Holidays,

Not sure if there is anything related to this although I had no crashes and it might be worth mentioning,

After installing Sydney Cityscape and running latest MakeRunways to update PFE and Super Traffic Board,

When compiling the airports in Super Traffic Board both v4 and v5 versions I got an error generated from STB in both v4 and v5 Regarding YRPA.

After disabling YRPA in both P4 and 5 and running MakeRunways again, compile completed properly in STB  4 and 5 without error.

Then re-enabled YRPA.bgl and just loaded a stock AC at YSSY in both P4 and 5 without any  issues.

I had also loaded a stock AC at YSSY in P4 and 5 prior to all this with out any crash issues.

Just the AP compile error in STP I encountered.

FT Sydney is currently installed in both Sims. This was installed back in January 2021 and had no prior issues with STB compiling.

Looks like the AP Altitude is 82,021 Ft. 

Error Below  From STB AP Compiler:

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

As a result of this error, the default airport database will be used.  The default database does not contain flight schedule, 3rd party airport data or airport names you may have customized.  This may result in incorrect flight numbers being displayed, incorrect departures schedules for aircraft moved to the stand by approach control, and 3rd party airports may not be able to use approach control and flight distance data. 

System.InvalidCastException: Altitude 82021.01 is invalid at airport Sydney Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Helipad (YRPA).
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.Airport..ctor(String icaoName, String description, String latitude, String longitude, String altitude) in C:\_Data\Software Development\Flying-W\GitHub\STB\STB-P3DV5\Common\Flight Simulator Objects\FSObjects\Airport.cs:line 149
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.ReadAirportXml(XmlTextReader reader) in C:\_Data\Software Development\Flying-W\GitHub\STB\STB-P3DV5\Common\Flight Simulator Objects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 848
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadAirports() in C:\_Data\Software Development\Flying-W\GitHub\STB\STB-P3DV5\Common\Flight Simulator Objects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 701
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.PerformCompileSteps() in C:\_Data\Software Development\Flying-W\GitHub\STB\STB-P3DV5\Common\Flight Simulator Objects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 216
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.Compile() in C:\_Data\Software Development\Flying-W\GitHub\STB\STB-P3DV5\Common\Flight Simulator Objects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 170

Inner Exception:
Value was either too large or too small for an Int16.
   at System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt16(String value)
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.Airport..ctor(String icaoName, String description, String latitude, String longitude, String altitude) in C:\_Data\Software Development\Flying-W\GitHub\STB\STB-P3DV5\Common\Flight Simulator Objects\FSObjects\Airport.cs:line 140

Exception Handler Type: None

Edited by Daveo

OK a further update: I contacted FlyTampa support and figured out that I was running their YSSY v1. I had thought I had upgraded to v2, but was wrong in that assumption. I will be upgrading once I get home and will be able to report on the functionality once I am up-to-date with everything.

SOLVED: P3D v4 now loads the Sydney Cityscape scenery AND now has the FlyTampa V2.1 YSSY installed. It all works flawlesly.

THANKS to everyone on here who helped me get to the bottom of this.

In short: FlyTampa Sydney NEEDS to be v2.1

Regards,

Dwight

• Thanks 2