A fine post Pete. Your sentiments to all are spot on and eloquently stated. Thank you for your input this year mate. Speaking of the "new car smell" my family and I had the pleasure of flying in a brand new Singapore Airlines A350 a few years ago and it did have that "new car smell".

Merry Christmas Pete.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, renault said:

I've never owned a complicated payware aircraft in all my years of simming.

Corresponding with a fellow "Orbxer", who mentioned that the Kodiak 100 was a really nice aircraft

and on his Christmas list, made me think. 

So I took the plunge and decided that maybe Santa could come early.

There's a first time for everything in life, and all I can say at this point is "Oh my goodness . I had no idea of the quality, the feel of flight

and the handling " that a payware aircraft recreates.

So here with my very limited piloting skills is a brief journey around my test airport, the excellent KAVX @Ken Hall

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

We live in difficult times at the moment , but the one thing I can also count on is the kindness and comrade of my fellow Orbx members.

The world is changing rapidly and it is really wonderful to have a place to go to such as this forum

We would be nothing without the developers , and Orbx managment and staff who labour behind the scenes to bring us so much enjoyment in our

virtual world.  

And lastly to Iain, who keeps a close watch on us all , but always is the consummate gentleman, when he kindly keeps us on the straight and narrow.

You are so much appreciated Iain -- thank you :)

So to all of you  -- the Orbx team, our developers and my fellow members, a tip of the hat and my sincere appreciation and thanks

for helping to have made our world a better place.

Cheers

Pete

In a way, I felt like I had just brought a brand new car and parked it out on the driveway, while I waited to see what the

neighbour's reaction would be. It's all super shiny and even has the "new car smell" :D

As you can see, the folks at KAVX, are a tough crowd and the reaction was , well let's just say a bit underwhelming....:rolleyes:

1-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-14-07.j

2-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-16-42.j

But it's all good and I decided to go for a brief spin.  I'm really happy with the new wheels and that's all that matters.

3-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-38-19.j

5-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-39-15.j

6-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-39-30.j

This is the point that I realized that I was flying something much more realistic.  I had Rex Weatherforce with live weather, and although it was clear, it 

was quite windy.  The way the aircraft responded to the wind was just so very different than anything I had experienced before

7-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-42-15.j

8-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-44-26.j

9-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-46-02.j

And this is actually a bit tricky.  So full disclosure here....

I was enjoying my flight immensely , but honestly at this point, I was thinking "you don't know what you are doing, have you lost your mind?"

But I was committed so I went for it!

10-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-47-52.

11-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-48-00.

The landing was a bit "rough" but overall wasn't too bad I thought:rolleyes:

12-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-49-16.

I've never actually been down at this end of the airport before, sorry to say, so it was definitely a new experience :)

13-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-51-21.

14-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-51-40.

15-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-53-19.

16-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-55-20.

17-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-55-54.

18-Flight-Simulator-2021-12-21-23-59-16.

Great pics Pete and to hear your story about your first flight of this wonderful bird. 

• Like 1

Great shots and a much appreciated narration, Pete!! Merry Christmas to you and your family too. 

Btw, how was your take-off? I have heard stories that it is also there a steep learning curve, as she constantly wants to veer off the runway, if you don't pay attention :D 

Welcome to the world of 'flight simulation' Pete :D The Kodiak is wonderful bush plane. I have not got here in MSFS yet, but flew her many hours in P3D. Will definitely be adding the MSFS one to my hangar. Great sentiment and comments from you and a nice set of screenshots to go with them. Happy Holidays Pete!

Landon

Great shots and commentary! Congrats on new purchase and have fun. Agree with all sentiments expressed and all that remains is to wish you and yours a Happy Christmas and keep doing what you do here. Really appreciate your input not only in screen shots but your efforts to help and educate the rest of us.

Chapeau!!!

John.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:59 AM, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Pete and Thank you.

cheers

Iain

Thanks very much Iain.

But more importantly, thank you for being here with us.

I know that all of us join in this sentiment

Take care of yourself sir and all the absolute best for 2022!

Cheers

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 2:47 AM, boetie said:

A fine post Pete. Your sentiments to all are spot on and eloquently stated. Thank you for your input this year mate. Speaking of the "new car smell" my family and I had the pleasure of flying in a brand new Singapore Airlines A350 a few years ago and it did have that "new car smell".

Merry Christmas Pete.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme

I've never had that experience on an aircraft.  It must have been quite special for you

Take care sir, and best wishes for 2022

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, rockliffe said:

Great pics Pete and to hear your story about your first flight of this wonderful bird. 

Thanks Howard.

I am really enjoying it :D

Still almost feel like I need to pinch myself that I actually did it.:lol::lol:

But boy am I glad I did!

Cheers & best wishes for 2022!

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 7:55 AM, bernd1151 said:

Great shots and a much appreciated narration, Pete!! Merry Christmas to you and your family too. 

Btw, how was your take-off? I have heard stories that it is also there a steep learning curve, as she constantly wants to veer off the runway, if you don't pay attention :D 

Thanks Bernd 

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all the very best for the New Year!

I have my flight setting on modern, so I don't know if that affects how it handles, but I didn't have an issue taking off.

I have read a lot about others having difficulty and just downloaded the hotfix form Orbx Central this morning

It might be as simple as I'm not much of a pilot, so I tend to take things slow and easy and really concentrate on trying

to keep things on an even keel.  

In other words , in spite of myself I actually did something right when flying - ha, ha !!!

Cheers

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, wain71 said:

great shots there Pete, at least you were still shiny side up on the runway.....looks a wonderful aircraft, maybe one for the future....

Thanks Wayne

Hope you had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2022.:)

It's the new car syndrome..... I didn't want to put the first dent in the fender just trying to get out of the garage :lol::lol:

As I said I am really enjoying it.  One thing that attracted me to it initially, which still just blows me away is the quality of the image rendering.

Imho, it is really very well done and gosh the number of different livery/configuration settings that it comes with are about 40.  

As well, I see that there are a number of very nice repaints now appearing as well.

So for my first purchase of a complex aircraft, I have to say I am really happy with it.

Cheers

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, Sniper31 said:

Welcome to the world of 'flight simulation' Pete :D The Kodiak is wonderful bush plane. I have not got here in MSFS yet, but flew her many hours in P3D. Will definitely be adding the MSFS one to my hangar. Great sentiment and comments from you and a nice set of screenshots to go with them. Happy Holidays Pete!

Landon

Thanks Landon.

It's amazing too me - it is almost like a entirely new perspective on what I have been doing all these years

You too sir and all the very best for 2022:)

Cheers

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 6:05 PM, Orbxtreme said:

Beautiful shots Pete, and this brand new yellow bird looks superb. The people on the airport noticed your new aircraft but did not show any interest simply because they were jealous, that's all!! :D

Bonjour Francois :)

Merci. Je suis heureux que vous l'ayez apprécié:)

they were jealous, that's all!!

Ah, that absolutely made my day.  :)

I now realize that I was so lucky that I didn't have to let them take turns giving it a hug, or I never 

would have made it into the air.  

And who would have wanted to see a series of screenshots of pretty girls hugging an airplane ? B) :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & all the very best for the New Year.

Cheers !

Pete

On 12/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, adambar said:

Well said Pete, I couldn't agree more! :)  Congrats on your first payware aircraft, and a fine one it is. I had the Kodiak in FSX and flew it all the time. 

Merry Christmas to you and yours! :)

Thanks so much Adam:)

It is indeed.  No "buyers remorse" with this one!!

Hope you had a good one, all the very best for 2022!

Cheers

Pete

On 12/23/2021 at 12:32 AM, John Mac said:

Great shots and commentary! Congrats on new purchase and have fun. Agree with all sentiments expressed and all that remains is to wish you and yours a Happy Christmas and keep doing what you do here. Really appreciate your input not only in screen shots but your efforts to help and educate the rest of us.

Chapeau!!!

John.

Thanks John 

It is really enjoyable and the more I get into it, the more I am learning which is great!

Although I have to say a lot of the IRL videos I have been watching to pick up tips, are giving me a very sore jaw from hitting my desk so often :rolleyes::o

What a kind comment .  I thank you . It is very much appreciated

Hope you had a wonderful and Happy Christmas and all the very best for the New Year!

Cheers

Pete

On 12/23/2021 at 6:43 AM, lifejogger said:

Great shots of your Kodiak and and the Island Pete,  enjoyed your post.

Thanks John!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great wish for a Happy and prosperous New Year Sir!

Cheers

Pete

On 12/24/2021 at 8:30 AM, Steve Colbert said:

Great set and Happy Holidays to you too!

Thanks Steve 

All the best for 2022:)

Cheers

Pete

9 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

This plane certainly is better than the Lionheart Creations version I had, flight model-, texture- and systems-wise.

I'm no "study level" flyer either but this one is on my list.

Well done Pete. Good narration and screens.

Thanks so much . I am really pleased that you enjoyed  them

It seems that the Kodiak has a long and wonderful history in the flight simming community I am discovering.

This one has really tweaked my interest in learning more 

And the quality of the product and the value, imho is simply outstanding,

I don't regret having purchased  it for an instant.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday and all the very best for 2022!

Cheers:)

Pete

Edited by renault

9 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Wow these are amazing shots my friend

Happy Holidays Pete

Carlos

Hey Carlos:)

How are you doing?

Thank you. I'm really pleased you enjoyed them

All the best for the holiday season and I wish you a very

happy, prosperous and safe New Year!

Pete

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, renault said:

Hey Carlos:)

How are you doing?

Thank you. I'm really pleased you enjoyed them

All the best for the holiday season and I wish you a very

happy, prosperous and safe New Year!

Pete

I'm pretty fine thank you

Using the holidays to fly :lol:

All the best for you too Pete

Hugs

On 12/27/2021 at 2:20 PM, mikee said:

Wonderful shots Pete :)

Thanks Mike:)

Best wishes for 2022!

Cheers

Pete

On 12/27/2021 at 2:22 PM, flyingfish55 said:

Great shots.

Thanks very much

I'm pleased you enjoyed them

All the best for 2022!

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Excellent shots Pete, enjoy it!  I've been considering the Kodiak.  

Hi J^3

Thank you. It really is an excellent aircraft

For someone like myself, who could be considered an "armchair" pilot (using the word generously:lol:) it is quite reasonable to fly, is very stable

and is a lot of fun.  The color rendering and quality of the product is really rather outstanding imho.

I really do recommend it 

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1