Land in the Ocean / FL

bhorv67

This issue seems to only affect FL. I own all the TE areas + all global. 

P3d 5.3

These pictures were taken off the coast of FLL, heading SE. Looking to the E, you can notice a ridge of what looks like a mountain range, and grass where the ocean should be. 

Off in the distance is an edge of land/water. As I fly closer, more land is filled in.

This same issue happens on the east coast of FL. 

To troubleshoot I've done the following:

Verified TE FL, and all global in OC

Deleted the Terrain.cfg, p3d created new, sync simulator in OC

Can verify that 'Default Scenery' is above Default Terrain at the bottom of the scenery library.

All my scenery is in Simroot - I don't use xml/external libraries. 

Mesh is set to 2m

Tested with Vector on and off. 

Not sure what else to try. 

Thanks for the help

2021-12-21_15-7-27-87.jpg

2021-12-21_15-6-5-212.jpg

2021-12-21_15-5-37-387.jpg

2021-12-21_15-5-15-602.jpg

Hi

I see you have the majority of your default numbered scenery items unchecked\deactivated in your scenery library. These are mandatory and will need to be checked\activated in order for your scenery to display properly.

You will also need to check\activate all the default named scenery items as well.

11 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I see you have the majority of your default numbered scenery items unchecked\deactivated in your scenery library. These are mandatory and will need to be checked\activated in order for your scenery to display properly.

You will also need to check\activate all the default named scenery items as well.

I do have the bulk of the default base layers unchecked as these are areas that I do not fly in and don't need those areas loaded. 

But I will reactivate these and test again.

There are 2 default named areas, both have been active. 

Hi

All of the default base layers are mandatory for the simulator do display scenery. below is the list.

There are actually 32 default named layers, that yes, could be unchecked\deactivated for various reasons, but could also cause anomalies. The below images are from your above posted scenery.cfg.

32 Default Named Layers

Default Named.PNG

Mandatory Numbered Base Layers

Default Numbered.PNG

Default Numbered 1.PNG

Default Numbered 2.PNG

Hi Doug,

I read through this topic, because i have similar issue after updating P3D. I had landtextures at MPTO, but i solved the issue by sync the Simulator a second time.

Now i had a look to my sceneryfolder and most folder are not activeted.

I use the SIMstarter tool for organizing my Addons. You wrote to BHORV67, that mosor all scenery entrie have to be activated, avoing issues.

Can you please have a look at my screens?

Thanks

Joachim

Screenshot (135).png

Screenshot (136).png

Screenshot (137).png

Screenshot (138).png

Screenshot (139).png