Santa's Sleigh causing CTDs

Hi, i know this is freeware and i am indefinitely thankful to you guy for providing us with nice stuff, still i wanna notify you, that Santa's Sleigh causes CTDs for me.

It's definitely not the "Xmas Ring Parcourses", it's the aircraft itself.

Reproducible:

1.) first selecting the sleigh as aircraft and then selecting a departure airfield leads to a crash

(on your facebook page, there are other people reportin this phenomenon)

2.) first selecting a departure with a different aircraft and then switching aircraft to the sleigh lets you start the flight but will eventually lead to a CTD during your flight, i think it happened every time when i was looking to the right with my coolie hat, but that might be a coincidence.

Anyway, thank you again for all the nice freebies this year, i'm a happy customer!

Paul

Yes, this is happening to me also.  The program worked once (flew halfway between YBMK and YBHM) but when I tried to restart it later it crashes when I enter a departure airport (only when selecting Santa's Sleigh).  

I too am grateful for this freeware!!

John 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Revvet said:

Yes, this is happening to me also.  The program worked once (flew halfway between YBMK and YBHM) but when I tried to restart it later it crashes when I enter a departure airport (only when selecting Santa's Sleigh).  

I too am grateful for this freeware!!

John 

exactly, the first time was flawless but i spawned on the runway directed away from the rings, so i wanted to restart to take off in the correct direction and from then on it went south :( 

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it seems that this did not happen during internal testing, I have asked again, it happens to me too.

okay, if it happens to you as well, i guess it's reproducible - 

anyway, i have also tested if it has something to do with Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics or Rex Airport Texture (those are the usual suspects), but this is not the case.

Thanks for providing this as freeware, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm also experiencing Crashes To Desktop when I am on the world map and I have the Santa Sleigh selected as soon as I choose a departure airport I can get a CTD. As a workaround I choose any other aircraft and then select my departure airport and then select the Santa Sleigh and then click Fly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skysthelimit707 said:

The same user further reported that I’m using the button at the top of my joystick (hat switch?) to try to look left or look right - that’s freezing the sim requiring a restart.

I've got a Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control with a hat switch and I couldn't reproduce this. I've got a Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using FaceTrackNoIR V200 and I tried disabling it inside of MSFS by disabling TrackIR and then using my hat switch but I still couldn't reproduce this.

10 hours ago, skysthelimit707 said:

The same user further reported that I’m using the button at the top of my joystick (hat switch?) to try to look left or look right - that’s freezing the sim requiring a restart.

I've got a Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control with a hat switch and I couldn't reproduce this. I've got a Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using FaceTrackNoIR V200 and I tried disabling it inside of MSFS by disabling TrackIR and then using my hat switch but I still couldn't reproduce this.

i have the thrustmaster airbus stick... i wasnt sure about the correlation and blamed coincidence that it always froze when i made a quickview to the side (to be honest, i am looking around a lot to appreciate the scenery)

I mentioned the same problems when it first came out  - but I think

I cracked i t - in If you start ii in the air - say close to the airport it crashes 

at - then you might find success 

I did - starting the air over the airport (my local) I had CTD a few times

I got this out as my Xmas Card to the Grandkids

https://youtu.be/L6WUGmK2G_M

• 3 weeks later...